Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Definimax 4012HO - End of Life
Re: Definimax 4012HO - End of Life [message #91836 is a reply to message #91835] Wed, 06 May 2020 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

DaveFred wrote on Wed, 06 May 2020 13:44
At the risk of beating a dead horse, Did you look at the Faital Pro 12PR3x0 series of woofers?

We've kinda come full circle. Smile

One of the first drivers mentioned on this thread was a Faital driver. We were talking about Faital 12FH5xx series drivers, which are nice but not suitable for the three π model loudspeaker.

I did look at several other Faital models too, including the 12PR300, 12PR310, 12PR320 and 12PR330.
icon10.gif  Re: Definimax 4012HO - End of Life [message #91838 is a reply to message #91831] Thu, 07 May 2020 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Symphonimind is currently offline  Symphonimind
Baron

Wayne Parham wrote on Wed, 06 May 2020 09:52
That CDX 1745 is a nice little driver. Looks like it could be considered a drop-in replacement. Honestly, I find that most compression drivers can be used and many have the same voltage sensitivity. For those that don't, a simple R1/R2 switch usually gets the SPL right.

And speaking of that, you're right that the Delta Pro driver has higher voltage sensitivity. We specify the R1/R2 values for that driver to lower the output of the compression driver accordingly. But I didn't change the three π schematic to include those values until sometime after finalizing the updates described in this thread. So any plans that don't show the R1/R2 values required for the Delta Pro driver have an older version of the schematic.

I don't think I'll evaluate B&C midwoofer options for the four π model. I do like their products, but I really like the JBL 2226H too. So what has sort of developed is the three π and six π are for people that prefer B&C, and the four π and seven π are for people that prefer JBL. Both are excellent choices, and it's sort of like a Ford vs. Ferrari thing. Smile

Thank you for consideration. I understand your choice. It would be great to audition a top config of 4Pi (which I have never had a chance to listen to).

The CDX 1745 has almost exact same sensitivity and frequency response with DE250. But I think its resonance frequency is a little bit higher. I am really considering CDX 1747 as it it even better performer. Man, that testing task is addictive Very Happy
Re: Definimax 4012HO - End of Life [message #91856 is a reply to message #91831] Tue, 12 May 2020 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron

Wayne Parham wrote on Wed, 06 May 2020 09:52
That CDX 1745 is a nice little driver. Looks like it could be considered a drop-in replacement. Honestly, I find that most compression drivers can be used and many have the same voltage sensitivity. For those that don't, a simple R1/R2 switch usually gets the SPL right.

And speaking of that, you're right that the Delta Pro driver has higher voltage sensitivity. We specify the R1/R2 values for that driver to lower the output of the compression driver accordingly. But I didn't change the three π schematic to include those values until sometime after finalizing the updates described in this thread. So any plans that don't show the R1/R2 values required for the Delta Pro driver have an older version of the schematic.

I don't think I'll evaluate B&C midwoofer options for the four π model. I do like their products, but I really like the JBL 2226H too. So what has sort of developed is the three π and six π are for people that prefer B&C, and the four π and seven π are for people that prefer JBL. Both are excellent choices, and it's sort of like a Ford vs. Ferrari thing. Smile

Is there a new update R1/R2 values for Delta Pro 12A? Could you please send me the update? Thank you a lot.
Re: Definimax 4012HO - End of Life [message #91859 is a reply to message #91856] Wed, 13 May 2020 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Oh, yes, I updated the plans right after I finished testing each of the drivers. So I'll send you the latest version of the plans.
Re: Definimax 4012HO - End of Life [message #91861 is a reply to message #91859] Wed, 13 May 2020 23:33 Go to previous message
Baron

Wayne Parham wrote on Wed, 13 May 2020 11:01
Oh, yes, I updated the plans right after I finished testing each of the drivers. So I'll send you the latest version of the plans.

Thank you very much. I will try to update my experiment XO with Delta 12+PSD2013.

Yesterday, I tested the CDX-1747 on your waveguide. And the response is so smooth. THD is extremely low. Thank you for creating such a beast of waveguide. Your waveguide is one of the best (if not the best) 12" waveguides I have ever used and measured.

RAW Sound from CDX 1747 + H290C (@1m)
/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=2578&private=0

RAW Sound from CDX 1747 + H290C + 2 simple bell filters + LR4 @1.25K
/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=2577&private=0
Previous Topic: Bamboo Plywood?
Next Topic: Finish up a pair of 4pis
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 02 02:16:08 CDT 2020

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio