Home » Audio » Home Theater » Smart Home Theaters
Smart Home Theaters [message #90364] Thu, 23 May 2019 03:38 Go to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
You may have the best TV screen with a good resolution but a bad sound experience ruins everything. The smart technology keeps evolving and the beauty of it is that we are getting rid of a lot of wires in the set up. Have you gotten a smart system yet?
Re: Smart Home Theaters [message #90367 is a reply to message #90364] Thu, 23 May 2019 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
I haven't gotten a smart home theater system yet though I would imagine that these would really be pricey. Just came across the video below and realized that this is not so much of a new concept after all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-icxBNODnl8
Re: Smart Home Theaters [message #90670 is a reply to message #90364] Thu, 11 July 2019 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Groot is currently offline  Groot
Viscount
Call me old fashioned or pessimistic because I'm actually scared about these wireless gadgets. We can't see the radiation these wireless gadgets emit that "may" affect our bodies negatively. Still, it is nice to have a home theater without cables.
Re: Smart Home Theaters [message #90673 is a reply to message #90670] Thu, 11 July 2019 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
After reading about the debacle of a smart tv owner being inundated with smart ads downloading into and plaguing his viewing experience. I'm wary of any technology that includes smart technology now in its advertised virtues. I agree the audio home theater experience can be compromised greatly with poor systems. Just like the stereo experience. But I think the implied smart technology is no panacea for quality. I think home theater audio is now well established. And there's a great deal of choices and pricing that near anyone can put together a decent system. Wired and wireless.
Re: Smart Home Theaters [message #90681 is a reply to message #90364] Sun, 14 July 2019 07:20 Go to previous message
Malfoy is currently offline  Malfoy
Viscount
The two main components of a good home theater are the audio system and the TV or the projector system. However, the comfortability of the place will add more enjoyment to the viewer, therefore the seating and the lighting should be considered as well. I know that there are smart lights available, but how about smart sofas?
Previous Topic: Grab 3D TV while you can or hold off?
Next Topic: High-performance cables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:19:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout