Home » Audio » Pro Sound » The future of audio engineering
The future of audio engineering [message #90338] Thu, 16 May 2019 12:29 Go to next message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
There is every chance that two decades from now, the way we mix, edit, record and master audio will have changed. Technology advances really fast but what could end up being the primary driver of future audio?
Re: The future of audio engineering [message #90341 is a reply to message #90338] Thu, 16 May 2019 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Chips embedded in our head. Shocked Laughing

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: The future of audio engineering [message #90363 is a reply to message #90341] Thu, 23 May 2019 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
Embedding chips in our heads sounds scary really scary Mad Laughing . Things will definitely change in future and at times, I get the urge to join a recording school. Mastering, archiving and surround mixing interest me a lot.
Re: The future of audio engineering [message #91144 is a reply to message #90338] Tue, 12 November 2019 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miami is currently offline  Miami
Viscount
The technology to bring the music we are making up in our head, straight to a recording device. No more need for a piano, guitar, etc.... to get the ball rolling.

It all hinges on the chips gofar mentioned.
Re: The future of audio engineering [message #91157 is a reply to message #91144] Thu, 14 November 2019 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
That sounds good for musicians on the go who don't have their instruments with them. Or even songwriters who just sell their stuff.

You may be on to something here, Miami.
Re: The future of audio engineering [message #91373 is a reply to message #91144] Wed, 22 January 2020 21:50 Go to previous message
Joyce is currently offline  Joyce
Chancellor
Miami wrote on Tue, 12 November 2019 12:18
The technology to bring the music we are making up in our head, straight to a recording device. No more need for a piano, guitar, etc.... to get the ball rolling.

It all hinges on the chips gofar mentioned.
I think one of the best things about creating or working on music is to play with the instruments, hitting random keys desperately until they become a melody or beat. At least you are not alone in a sense.

Watching pros doing open lectures about their projects makes me believe in the industry's positive growth. I just hope we will also see more variety though, not just in quantity.
Previous Topic: Do you need any special skills to equalize sound?
Next Topic: Top-Tier Sound Engineering Schools
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:36:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout