Home » Audio » Speaker » Rattling sound
Rattling sound [message #90331] Mon, 13 May 2019 23:13 Go to next message
Newjack is currently offline  Newjack
Viscount
Recently, my computer speakers starting making a rattling sound. I looked it up on Google and the general consensus seemed to be loose components. The thing is, I'm concerned that if I open up the speaker I'm going to damage it further in some way. How easy is to fix for a newb like me?
Re: Rattling sound [message #90362 is a reply to message #90331] Thu, 23 May 2019 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
Yes, there is a chance that you could damage it further but even as a newbie, I once opened up and successfully repaired a speaker. The other option is to get someone with some knowledge about electronics, to fix it for you.
Re: Rattling sound [message #90501 is a reply to message #90331] Mon, 24 June 2019 09:59 Go to previous message
Reggie is currently offline  Reggie
Baron
My philosophy in fixing broken electronic gadgets is that I can't do more harm to something that is already broken. If my speaker is beyond repair, then I can always buy a new one. At least I can learn something from a broken gadget when I try to fix it.
Previous Topic: WinISD 0.44
Next Topic: Bose.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 04:33:06 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout