Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Does The Lighting Matter?
Does The Lighting Matter? [message #90322] Mon, 13 May 2019 09:19 Go to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
When watching a movie or listening to music, are you mindful of the lighting? Do you think it helps create a mood, or do you not even think about that?

I like mine low.
Re: Does The Lighting Matter? [message #90326 is a reply to message #90322] Mon, 13 May 2019 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
Well, I prefer not to have any lights on, especially when watching a movie. Yes, it helps to create the mood plus I am always mindful of lighting because a lot of light can cause a distraction.
Re: Does The Lighting Matter? [message #90332 is a reply to message #90322] Mon, 13 May 2019 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Newjack is currently offline  Newjack
Viscount
Sometimes it can help to create a mood if the lights are off, but I suppose it depends on the movie for me. If I'm watching a comedy, I would find it weird to watch in the dark (unless I was at a movie theater of course). Watching an intense horror or thriller is better in the dark.
Re: Does The Lighting Matter? [message #90359 is a reply to message #90332] Mon, 20 May 2019 04:48 Go to previous message
lilbill is currently offline  lilbill
Master
Newjack wrote on Mon, 13 May 2019 23:15
Sometimes it can help to create a mood if the lights are off, but I suppose it depends on the movie for me. If I'm watching a comedy, I would find it weird to watch in the dark (unless I was at a movie theater of course). Watching an intense horror or thriller is better in the dark.
I had never looked at it from this angle and yes, it makes more sense to watch thriller/horror movies, under low light. I think the lighting of the room would also depend on the color and light effects in the movie?
Previous Topic: Elton John 40 Years Ago
Next Topic: Movie and music streaming services
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:08:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout