Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Winning A Battle Vs. Winning The War
Winning A Battle Vs. Winning The War [message #90303] Sun, 12 May 2019 15:42 Go to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
There is a point someone is trying to prove. That point being that money is more important than anything else. Someone else proves by their actions that in one case, personalities are more important and then think that they disproved the original point.

What they don't realize is that they won a battle. They proved a smaller, more immediate point, right now. They don't take into consideration that what they did does not disprove the entire "war" that is going on.

In the long run, money trumps all.

Prove me wrong.

Re: Winning A Battle Vs. Winning The War [message #90345 is a reply to message #90303] Sat, 18 May 2019 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Wonder if you could flesh this out a little bit.
Re: Winning A Battle Vs. Winning The War [message #90346 is a reply to message #90345] Sat, 18 May 2019 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently online  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I have had many years when I was earning a lot but also very busy. And I've had times when I had fewer contracts and so wasn't earning as much but had more free time. Those were some of the best times of my life.

I think I like it best when I work and earn enough that I can easily solve problems but not so much that I'm buried in responsibilities, living in stress and neglecting friends and family.
Re: Winning A Battle Vs. Winning The War [message #90355 is a reply to message #90346] Sun, 19 May 2019 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi. I see the points, but tend to disagree. Time is the most important thing IMO. It provides the framework for everything you do be it earning lots of cash or loafing by the lake. Money is significant, but number two in my book. Cool

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Winning A Battle Vs. Winning The War [message #90375 is a reply to message #90303] Tue, 28 May 2019 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lilbill is currently offline  lilbill
Master
I have to agree with gofar and Wayne about money not being the primary priority. It is almost impossible to generate much without putting in a lot of time and shouldering a lot of responsibilities. I had rather have just enough but with sufficient free time to rest and relax.
Re: Winning A Battle Vs. Winning The War [message #91030 is a reply to message #90303] Sun, 06 October 2019 08:50 Go to previous message
Nouri is currently offline  Nouri
Master
Time being more important kind of fits in with my view. Take the first 20 years of your working life and make/save as much money as you possibly can.

Then slow down and work on the relationship side of your life later on.

Nothing in this life happens without money backing it up.
Previous Topic: Stairway To Heaven Backwards
Next Topic: "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:21:42 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout