Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4 Pi Plans Please
4 Pi Plans Please [message #90181] Sun, 28 April 2019 14:36 Go to next message
vinylvalet is currently offline  vinylvalet
Chancellor
Hi Wayne,

Please send 4 Pi plans. You've sent plans several years ago but I want to make sure I have the latest rev as I'm finally ready to order the kit.

Thanks and take care,
Tom Rothermel
The Vinyl Valet
Re: 4 Pi Plans Please [message #90182 is a reply to message #90181] Sun, 28 April 2019 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You've got mail!
Re: 4 Pi Plans Please [message #90196 is a reply to message #90181] Mon, 29 April 2019 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JMac is currently offline  JMac
Esquire
Hello - can you send me the 4pi plans as well?
Re: 4 Pi Plans Please [message #90204 is a reply to message #90196] Tue, 30 April 2019 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You've got mail!
Re: 4 Pi Plans Please [message #90343 is a reply to message #90181] Fri, 17 May 2019 18:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
craftsmansky is currently offline  craftsmansky
Esquire
I am considering both the four and eight. Could you send plans or at least diagrams and sizes?

Thanks
Re: 4 Pi Plans Please [message #90344 is a reply to message #90343] Fri, 17 May 2019 18:51 Go to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Suggestion: Do a little research on the Pi Speakers FAQ to decide which model you prefer. Then let me know and I'll send plans.

Here are the basic similarities and differences in a nutshell:

Both models have similar spectral balance, as all models of π Speakers do. Both provide uniform directivity.

The four π speaker is our top-of-the-line DI-matched two-way. It is designed for arbitrary placement in the room, and is generally improved by incorporating flanking subs. That's something else you can search for the the FAQ.

The eight π speaker is our entry-level constant-directivity cornerhorn. But it is a hybrid, in that it can be used elsewhere. If not in corners, the directivity isn't constant. So it would then benefit by the use of flanking subs just like the four π speaker does.

The four π speaker uses high-end drivers, and the upgraded midwoofer has ultra-low distortion because of its use of a flux stabilization ring. The eight π has no such upgrade path.
Previous Topic: Three Pi performance at low volumes
Next Topic: Pi Theater Seven Bass Bins for sale - New York State
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:10:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout