Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Elton John 40 Years Ago
Elton John 40 Years Ago [message #90166] Fri, 26 April 2019 11:11 Go to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
This is from an old BBC show. If I could find a way to edit the video down to where it's only the song I would. The album version is ok, but not as good as this version.

Enjoy. The song itself starts at 1:57.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2pABT8WbdI
Re: Elton John 40 Years Ago [message #90167 is a reply to message #90166] Fri, 26 April 2019 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Augustus is currently offline  Augustus
Baron
Those comedians are hilarious. I've never seen them before. Elton John looks so young! He had a wonderful voice back then, but I prefer the more mature voice that he has now. I'm impatiently waiting for Elton John's biopic, which I bet will be a hit. I agree with the criticism though that a straight man should not have been cast as Elton John since much of Elton's personal life and career revolved his struggles with his sexuality. Despite that, I still think the movie will be a smash.
Re: Elton John 40 Years Ago [message #90184 is a reply to message #90167] Sun, 28 April 2019 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
Great find, Kingfish! Elton John is the most masterful pianist of his time in my opinion. He's even phenomenal while improvising and not many musicians can claim that.
Re: Elton John 40 Years Ago [message #90186 is a reply to message #90166] Mon, 29 April 2019 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheWanderer is currently offline  TheWanderer
Baron
Thanks for posting, I've always really liked Elton John. I've never heard of those comedians but that was a hoot. Laughing I'm glad you didn't cut the beginning.
Re: Elton John 40 Years Ago [message #90321 is a reply to message #90166] Mon, 13 May 2019 09:16 Go to previous message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I don't know how. Laughing

I would like to find that song without the comedy, but I haven't yet.

As far as a straight man playing that part, if he is a good actor I don't think it matters.
Previous Topic: Best comedy films in the past decade?
Next Topic: Does The Lighting Matter?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:34:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout