Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » Building a sound proof room
Building a sound proof room [message #90074] Wed, 10 April 2019 04:55 Go to next message
cwemoy is currently offline  cwemoy
Master
I am not really looking to start a recording studio but just having that space with some kind of solitude has been something I have been considering for a while. I have researched about sound curtains but they can be a bit costly too. A friend also suggested using sound clips because they have been proven to be an effective method. Are there any other cheaper options?
Re: Building a sound proof room [message #92261 is a reply to message #90074] Sun, 06 September 2020 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Csharp is currently offline  Csharp
Viscount
I don't think there are cheaper options than the clips. Unless, of course, if you can get used panelings. Anything used will be cheaper than new, and if we're talking about soundproofing materials, how "used" can they be?
Re: Building a sound proof room [message #92440 is a reply to message #90074] Fri, 16 October 2020 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
Yeah, with the exception of used materials, there is no cheap way out of a good soundproofing. If you have a home studio especially, it's worth the cost though.
Re: Building a sound proof room [message #92445 is a reply to message #92440] Sat, 17 October 2020 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Porter is currently offline  Porter
Viscount
I've never heard of the clips you mentioned and I can't say that I've ever built a sound booth for recording music, but I have needed peace and quiet like you OP and the cheapest solution is to get a set of noise reduction earmuffs like you'd see at the shooting range or on one of those touristy helicopter attractions. They work amazingly well and you should be able to score some for less than $20.
Re: Building a sound proof room [message #92520 is a reply to message #90074] Mon, 26 October 2020 19:15 Go to previous message
Vaiger is currently offline  Vaiger
Viscount
Find a room with no windows and make sure there are no cracks in walls, doors, etc....This is the first step you don't hear much about, and those steps will help whatever else you do "work" better.
Previous Topic: Biggest waste of money?
Next Topic: What's the main of main of acoustic treatment?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:02:54 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio