Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Creating A New Story
Creating A New Story [message #90034] Sun, 07 April 2019 08:17 Go to next message
Malfoy is currently offline  Malfoy
Viscount
Many movies of today were based on a previous movie plot with different characters and settings. It is harder for movie writers to write a new story to portray in the movie. If you are going to write a movie, how would the plot of your movie go?
Re: Creating A New Story [message #90037 is a reply to message #90034] Sun, 07 April 2019 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
The challenge is, it wouldn't involve super hero's, zombies, fight scene's lasting 15 minutes with impossible acrobatics and slo-mo, or gun pyrotechnics using thousands of rounds of ammo. Actors would have to use their skills without props of violence and clever one liner's in vanquishing a foe. Thousands of movies use to be made absent that way. Writers today would have to try and buck the trend for rehashing what seems to me a very boring subject matter described. Which means producers and studio's would have to take chances contrary to their business mantra. So, it ain't hapnin.
Re: Creating A New Story [message #90045 is a reply to message #90034] Mon, 08 April 2019 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
I agree that we aren't seeing any unique movie plots nowadays and we get used to seeing different characters and different titles but with the same storyline. Writing, directing and/or producing a movie isn't an easy thing but if I was to do this, I would avoid any scenes that didn't seem real. Writing a movie based on a true story, seems like the easier way out!
Re: Creating A New Story [message #90052 is a reply to message #90045] Mon, 08 April 2019 20:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Groot is currently offline  Groot
Viscount
mamoss wrote on Mon, 08 April 2019 03:15
I would avoid any scenes that didn't seem real. Writing a movie based on a true story, seems like the easier way out!
Those 2 genres, science fiction and historical films, are two of the most common genres that producers and writers are doing. Science fiction films cater to the imagination of humans of the unknown, hence people like to watch it.
Re: Creating A New Story [message #90067 is a reply to message #90034] Tue, 09 April 2019 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
Am I the only who doesn't get fascinated with sci-fi movies? I prefer to watch those that center around trying to solve a mystery or those that draw some inspiration from history. Despite the cliche, there are a few producers and directors that still stand out.
Re: Creating A New Story [message #90072 is a reply to message #90067] Tue, 09 April 2019 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
As a genre, sci-fi generally falls way short on original ideas for my tastes. Like super hero movies so popular today, they've been cranked out with few that have any substance to them. One of my favorite still was made back in the early 50's. The Day The Earth Stood Still. It was a perfect premice for a world weary from war's back then. That a giant robot acted as an intergalactic peace keeper...for keeps. Some planet get outta line threatening others and it would be reduced to a burning cinder.
But, most movies too, any genre seem fairly ordinary to me. A great deal of them, just run of the mill.
Re: Creating A New Story [message #90096 is a reply to message #90034] Thu, 11 April 2019 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Groot is currently offline  Groot
Viscount
I think sci-fi movies helped propel our technology. Have you watched Star Trek in the 80's wherein they used smartphones, and it seems impossible for us to invent such a thing? Even the flying cars in many movies may be fully developed in our generation with the improvement of drones.
Re: Creating A New Story [message #90482 is a reply to message #90034] Thu, 20 June 2019 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Malfoy is currently offline  Malfoy
Viscount
I recently watched the Chernobyl miniseries by HBO. Its been a while since I've seen a documentary film like that. The story was old, but the storytelling was simply amazing. It made me read about the Chernobyl incident on the internet.
Re: Creating A New Story [message #91067 is a reply to message #90034] Sat, 12 October 2019 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Airforce 3 is currently offline  Airforce 3
Viscount
A good sci-fi plot will always have a time warp thing going on. Shifting back and forth between times, going into the future or the past......things like that.

The trick would be to come up with a brand new reason to time-shift. Just don't rehash the same old reasons that have to do with changing someone or some thing.
Re: Creating A New Story [message #91090 is a reply to message #90034] Fri, 18 October 2019 19:13 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JordanS is currently offline  JordanS
Chancellor
Great topic! I wouldn't want to piggyback off another movie. I never really thought about a topic for a movie. I do love Sci-Fi movies. I also love chick flicks. I would probably create something sappy.
Previous Topic: Vinyl subscriptions
Next Topic: Independence Day Movie For Kids
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:06:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout