Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Best comedy films in the past decade?
Best comedy films in the past decade? [message #90004] Thu, 04 April 2019 12:32 Go to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
I'm planning to indulge in a Netflix binge sesh this weekend starring my comfy sweats, a pint of Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey, and the best comedy films that have come out in the past decade. Which comedy films do you recommend?
Re: Best comedy films in the past decade? [message #90007 is a reply to message #90004] Thu, 04 April 2019 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Augustus is currently offline  Augustus
Baron
I'm into campy comedies like We're the Millers and Game Night The first and second Deadpool movies are hilarious and worth a look if action-adventure is your thing. Sadly, I don't have a Netflix account, so I can't see if any of these are there. Hopefully you'll find something that will make you chortle so hard that you'll spontaneously spit out your ice cream.
Re: Best comedy films in the past decade? [message #90089 is a reply to message #90007] Wed, 10 April 2019 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grand Master
I watched every movie on your list. I didn't expect Deadpool to be so funny, but you were right. Thanks for the suggestions! I thoroughly enjoyed my lazy weekend. Since you're into campy shows, you should see Shazam! recently came out in theaters. You won't be disappointed.
Re: Best comedy films in the past decade? [message #90145 is a reply to message #90004] Tue, 23 April 2019 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheWanderer is currently offline  TheWanderer
Baron
A silly movie that always makes me laugh my behind off is Blades of Glory. Typical Will Ferrell comedy. Most people are usually surprised when I bring this up as one of my favorite comedies, so view at your own discretion. Laughing
Re: Best comedy films in the past decade? [message #90173 is a reply to message #90004] Sat, 27 April 2019 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
I got a chance to watch Deadpool 2 and enjoyed every bit of it. If we are to talk about best comedies in the past decade, Bridesmaids and 21 Jump Street quickly come to mind. Who else enjoys/enjoyed Big Bang Theory?
Re: Best comedy films in the past decade? [message #90201 is a reply to message #90173] Mon, 29 April 2019 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grand Master
I thought Big Bang Theory was the cutest show when it first came out and I was a faithful viewer during its first four seasons. After that I just lost interest as it seemed to be the same basic story time and time again. I'm adding the two movies you mentioned to my need to watch list, mammos.
Re: Best comedy films in the past decade? [message #90205 is a reply to message #90201] Tue, 30 April 2019 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I'll nominate, though over a decade old, Death At A Funeral. The British movie. Their humor is more understated than American humor. But deadly clever. Whatever can go wrong with a send off of a family patriarch goes wonky from the get go.
Re: Best comedy films in the past decade? [message #90214 is a reply to message #90004] Wed, 01 May 2019 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sawyer25 is currently offline  sawyer25
Master
Madison, I also watched The Big Bang Theory up to its fourth season but as you say, there was something unique about this TV series when it first came out. I haven't been so good with movies (of late) but I am finding these recommendations to be very useful.
Re: Best comedy films in the past decade? [message #90228 is a reply to message #90004] Sat, 04 May 2019 14:30 Go to previous message
Newjack is currently offline  Newjack
Viscount
A couple of my favorite comedies from the past 10 years are The Other Guys and Hot Tub Time Machine. The latter I expected to be terrible but watched it one evening when I was bored and ended up laughing throughout the whole movie.
Previous Topic: What To Do With VHS and BetaMax Movies?
Next Topic: Elton John 40 Years Ago
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:19:31 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout