Home » Audio » Speaker » Small But Loud
Small But Loud [message #89942] Mon, 18 March 2019 06:45 Go to next message
Malfoy is currently offline  Malfoy
Viscount
I've noticed that speakers are becoming smaller, but they are becoming louder and having a better sound output. I know that our technology is becoming better, that's why we can manufacture things that are smaller yet better. My question, however, is will these gadgets live longer than their larger counterparts?
Re: Small But Loud [message #89984 is a reply to message #89942] Wed, 03 April 2019 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cwemoy is currently offline  cwemoy
Master
Well, I stand corrected but overall, I presume that the sound quality of small speakers cannot compare to that of larger speakers. When considering stereo equipment, it always seems like the larger the size, the better the sound.
Re: Small But Loud [message #89997 is a reply to message #89942] Thu, 04 April 2019 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Malfoy is currently offline  Malfoy
Viscount
You are correct on the part of a bigger speaker, having better sound output. On the other hand, the current speakers have good quality, enough for listening to music while doing house chores.
Re: Small But Loud [message #90021 is a reply to message #89942] Sat, 06 April 2019 11:17 Go to previous message
Jethro is currently offline  Jethro
Baron
Small or big speakers, I think they have a similar lifespan depending on how loud you set the volume. Ramping up the volume to the max would strain the speakers so that would lessen its lifespan, in my own experience.
Previous Topic: Length of Speaker Wiring
Next Topic: Phone Feedback on the Speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:35:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout