Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Rebooting Long Dead TV Series
Rebooting Long Dead TV Series [message #89916] Wed, 13 March 2019 09:35 Go to next message
Newjack is currently offline  Newjack
Baron
I'm sick of hearing about all the reboots of old shows and movies being released. There must be a market for them or else it wouldn't be a trend, but I have to wonder why everyone wants to watch the same thing over and over again?
Re: Rebooting Long Dead TV Series [message #89918 is a reply to message #89916] Thu, 14 March 2019 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I kind of like some of the "reboots." For example, "Lost in Space" was revisited as a movie in 1998. I personally loved that movie. And Netflix made a new series too, which I enjoy as well.

The Star Trek series has been continually "reborn" in various series-spinoffs and movies spanning three generations. I like most incarnations of that franchise.

And this "Westworld" series is interesting too. It didn't start life as a series - it was a movie - but it is similar in that it is a remake of a long dead movie. I really like what HBO did with that concept.

So I think sometimes it's neat to see a show that was done long ago, maybe originally with insufficient resources, redone today with better funding and special effects.
Re: Rebooting Long Dead TV Series [message #89922 is a reply to message #89916] Fri, 15 March 2019 00:43 Go to previous message
Newjack is currently offline  Newjack
Baron
Hey, fair enough I suppose. I love Star Trek as well. I guess what I was thinking of was shows that wouldn't benefit from advancements in special effects technology such as Roseanne, Will & Grace, Murphy Brown and the like.
Previous Topic: Animated Movies
Next Topic: Song Covers Are Better
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Mar 23 14:47:11 CDT 2019

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout