Home » Audio » Craftsmen » Under or On The Wall (Electrical Wirings)
Under or On The Wall [message #89896] Sun, 10 March 2019 10:29 Go to next message
Groot is currently offline  Groot
Viscount
I'm planning to redesign my room to accommodate a new set of speakers and a TV monitor. I will need an additional electrical outlet for these gadgets. Do you think an extension electrical cord will do the job or should I have a fixed electrical outlet in the walls?
Re: Under or On The Wall [message #89914 is a reply to message #89896] Tue, 12 March 2019 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheWanderer is currently offline  TheWanderer
Baron
Installing an extra electrical outlet would be ideal as they're safer and more reliable than an extension cord. If you're using the extension cord for a small number of items, it's alright, but when you get to the point of having lots of things on the cord, you should consider installing another outlet instead.
Re: Under or On The Wall [message #89941 is a reply to message #89896] Mon, 18 March 2019 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Malfoy is currently offline  Malfoy
Viscount
I go with Wanderer. Extension cords may not hold the electrical capacity that will flow through it with a lot of electronics plugged into it. Better be safe than sorry, my friend.
Re: Under or On The Wall [message #89983 is a reply to message #89896] Tue, 02 April 2019 05:30 Go to previous message
Groot is currently offline  Groot
Viscount
Thanks for your advice. The reason I don't want to install a new electrical outlet is because I don't want to ruin the wall. I may have to hire somebody to install it so that the wall will look still the same when the installation is finished.
Previous Topic: Where to get kits
Next Topic: Where do you look for ideas?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 22 12:55:44 CDT 2019

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio