Home » xyzzy » Tower » Opinions Remain As Opinions
Re: Opinions Remain As Opinions [message #90301 is a reply to message #89890] Sun, 12 May 2019 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
People are lazy. It is much easier to take someone at their word and form an opinion on that, rather than do a little research for themselves. As if the truth doesn't matter anymore.
Re: Opinions Remain As Opinions [message #90334 is a reply to message #89890] Mon, 13 May 2019 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Newjack is currently offline  Newjack
Viscount
Confirmation bias is powerful. With so much information being easily available, this problem has gotten worse over the years. You can type in anything you want on Google and find something that supports your position. Most people (some still do) don't go and read the info that supports the opposing side. I've witnessed many conversations online in the past few weeks that end up with members being ganged up on, insulted and banned for simply having a different opinion than the moderator. People just can't wrap their head around differing viewpoints.
Re: Opinions Remain As Opinions [message #90460 is a reply to message #89890] Tue, 18 June 2019 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jethro is currently offline  Jethro
Baron
In conclusion about this matter, I accepted that my brother has his own way of thinking. It doesn't mean that I concede to his point of view. I only try to respect his views, no matter how crooked it is.
Re: Opinions Remain As Opinions [message #92001 is a reply to message #90460] Sun, 31 May 2020 22:21 Go to previous message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
Jethro wrote on Tue, 18 June 2019 11:08
In conclusion about this matter
For now......

Very seldom does anyone state their opinion so persuasively that it changes someone else. The best it can do is convince someone that the others' opinion is solid enough to incorporate parts of into their own.

I call that growth and I think it's a good thing, so listening objectively to others' opinions is not a bad thing.
Previous Topic: Gary Larson Interview
Next Topic: The Blob
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:40:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout