Home » Audio » Radio » Starting a radio station
icon6.gif  Starting a radio station [message #89877] Sun, 03 March 2019 21:49 Go to next message
TheWanderer is currently offline  TheWanderer
Baron
I've always had this dream of starting my own radio station for some reason. It just seems like fun. I guess that's what podcasts are for in the modern world, but that doesn't really appeal to me. Anyone here ever tried their hand at radio?
Re: Starting a radio station [message #89881 is a reply to message #89877] Mon, 04 March 2019 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Scroll down for, "Creating my own radio station" by Malfoy. There's a whole heap'n help'n of requirements, license's and equipment to employ just to get started. Which shouts out, "money,money,money.....money". That podcast looks better and better.
Re: Starting a radio station [message #89910 is a reply to message #89881] Mon, 11 March 2019 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
Rusty wrote on Mon, 04 March 2019 09:41
Scroll down for, "Creating my own radio station" by Malfoy. There's a whole heap'n help'n of requirements, license's and equipment to employ just to get started. Which shouts out, "money,money,money.....money". That podcast looks better and better.
I agree that you would need a huge investment to be able to start your own radio station. Again, would you be looking to recoup some amount from the initial investment?
Re: Starting a radio station [message #89911 is a reply to message #89910] Mon, 11 March 2019 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Quote:
Again, would you be looking to recoup some amount from the initial investment?
Presumably, if one would like to venture down this path, they'd have a sizable financial debt to repay. But I don't think you could tell a banker you wanted to do this venture just for fun and expect them to hand a check over.
A pipe dream has to be grounded in some reality of what you have to undertake to pull it off. Maybe if you told the banker you had Herb Tarlek from the old sitcom WKRP in Cincinnati as your advertising exec. they'd hand over that check.
Re: Starting a radio station [message #89913 is a reply to message #89881] Tue, 12 March 2019 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheWanderer is currently offline  TheWanderer
Baron
True enough, I didn't catch that thread. Thanks for pointing it out to me, Rusty. I know it's not really financially feasible, but hey, it's fun to think about!
Re: Starting a radio station [message #91003 is a reply to message #89911] Wed, 02 October 2019 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
[quote title=Rusty wrote on Mon, 11 March 2019 14:00]Quote:

Maybe if you told the banker you had Herb Tarlek from the old sitcom WKRP in Cincinnati as your advertising exec. they'd hand over that check.
Laughing

Or maybe Bebe from Fasier. Cool

I think it would be kind of cool to sign on for about 4 hours a day and do a talk show/Q and A on cars from my garage. Or old music for that matter and sprinkle in music from a turntable and vinyl...........from my garage.
Re: Starting a radio station [message #91004 is a reply to message #89877] Wed, 02 October 2019 14:05 Go to previous message
Nouri is currently offline  Nouri
Master
Here's what I'm thinking: Someone retired with 2 comma's in their bank account. Living out in the sticks with little to no radio reception. A passion for doing it with little else going on in their lives.

What I'm thinking is my own pipe dream. Cool
Previous Topic: Cheap ways to upgrade the car radio
Next Topic: Why Not Another Band
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:23:14 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers