Home » Audio » Speaker » Google Home
Google Home [message #89873] Sat, 02 March 2019 19:10 Go to next message
Newjack is currently offline  Newjack
Viscount
A friend told me he recently purchased a bunch of Google Home devices and has them set up to play music simultaneously in different rooms around the house. Sounds pretty cool, but how good is the sound quality on one of those devices? Anyone here have a Google Home that they use to listen to music?
Re: Google Home [message #89995 is a reply to message #89873] Thu, 04 April 2019 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
I have the Google Home Max smart speaker and it suits my family's needs. What's really neat about the speaker is that it adapts its sound output based on where the device is located and how it's placed in the room. I think the audio quality is fantastic, but some "golden ear" audiophiles might balk at it. I also have the Google Home Mini and it has decent audio when it comes to podcasts, but music doesn't sound that great if you're into bass. There are several smart speakers that work with Google Assistant that are made by companies like JBL, so you aren't stuck with just Google branded speakers.
Re: Google Home [message #90117 is a reply to message #89873] Sun, 14 April 2019 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cwemoy is currently offline  cwemoy
Master
I agree with you Madison that we don't necessarily have to be stuck with Google branded speakers as there are other good options out there. I haven't ventured into smart speakers yet but this is the direction that modern technology is pointing us towards.
Re: Google Home [message #90133 is a reply to message #89873] Mon, 22 April 2019 00:45 Go to previous message
TheWanderer is currently offline  TheWanderer
Baron
I love the Google Home devices. Some people have privacy concerns with the devices, but I haven't heard of any scandals, and I'd like to keep it that way. It's a great little device. The sound is pretty good. I listen to music on mine a lot, and while it's not perfect, it does the job just fine.
Previous Topic: Getting the most out of your soundbars
Next Topic: Passive radiator flanking sub/woofer.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:47:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio