Home » Audio » Speaker » Monitor with built-in speakers
Monitor with built-in speakers [message #89864] Thu, 28 February 2019 19:38 Go to next message
TheWanderer is currently offline  TheWanderer
Baron
How do you feel about a computer monitor that has built-in speakers? Is the quality guaranteed to stink? I have a rather small desk so I was thinking of saving some space by getting a new monitor that comes with internal speakers.
Re: Monitor with built-in speakers [message #89866 is a reply to message #89864] Thu, 28 February 2019 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, If all you want is general sound then OK. For anything above that Sad Sad

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Monitor with built-in speakers [message #89874 is a reply to message #89864] Sat, 02 March 2019 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Newjack is currently offline  Newjack
Viscount
I had a monitor with built-in speakers and it was pretty unbearable to listen to music through it. I had to buy a set of external desktop speakers because I couldn't stand it anymore.
Re: Monitor with built-in speakers [message #89888 is a reply to message #89864] Sat, 09 March 2019 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jethro is currently offline  Jethro
Baron
It depends on the quality of the monitors. I'm using a Samsung monitor at work, and it does well for listening to music while working. The built-in speakers are not suitable for movie-watching, but I don't watch at work, so I don't need an external speaker for that.
Re: Monitor with built-in speakers [message #90604 is a reply to message #89888] Mon, 01 July 2019 14:44 Go to previous message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
What's really odd is that I don't notice any audio deficiencies when I'm listening to music or watching a movie on my phone or tablet. But I cringe when I'm doing the same on my desktop computer when its monitors are my only source of sound. Upgrading those speakers makes a world of difference. Maybe it's because the desktop computer looks more like a television so I expect it to sound better. Hmmm...
Previous Topic: Homepod
Next Topic: B&C 21DS115 4OH
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:21:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout