Home » Audio » Movies & Music » The Super Bowl's memorable musical performances
The Super Bowl's memorable musical performances [message #89685] Sat, 02 February 2019 18:09 Go to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
Which Super Bowl halftime performances would you say have been the most memorable over the years? I don't think anyone has topped Michael Jackson's performance and that's sad because it happened in 1993. Maybe I liked it so much because I was old enough to enjoy it and young enough to think it was cool. Either way I will forever remember the King of Pop, strutting across the stage and singing "Black or White" during the halftime show. Which act was the most memorable to you? What do you think about this year's musical lineup?
Re: The Super Bowl's memorable musical performances [message #89690 is a reply to message #89685] Sun, 03 February 2019 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Porter is currently offline  Porter
Viscount
The Rolling Stone's halftime performance was the most memorable for me. They're about 957 years old and they owned that stage. They were full of energy! Paul McCartney's performance was memorable too. He was a close second for me. I'm not as into the Super Bowl this year; the New England Patriots have been to the Super Bowl so many times that's it's becoming dull to watch. I'm looking forward to seeing Gladys Knight sing our anthem though. She has some killer pipes!
Re: The Super Bowl's memorable musical performances [message #89692 is a reply to message #89690] Sun, 03 February 2019 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trilling Me Softly is currently offline  Trilling Me Softly
Baron
I enjoyed both Madonna's and Beyonce's performances and remember them well. I haven't seen many Super Bowl halftime shows though - maybe four or five of them. I'm just not a big football fan.
Re: The Super Bowl's memorable musical performances [message #89747 is a reply to message #89692] Thu, 07 February 2019 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
Believe it or not I had forgotten all about Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction in 2004. That was memorable as well, thanks to the controversy. Porter, I didn't see the Rolling Stone's performance, but I bet it was amazing. As a matter of fact, I believe I'll search YouTube to see what I missed.
Re: The Super Bowl's memorable musical performances [message #89753 is a reply to message #89685] Thu, 07 February 2019 22:10 Go to previous message
Newjack is currently offline  Newjack
Viscount
I've never seen a single Superbowl performance nor watched a single Superbowl. Crazy, I know. The performance that I have heard about the most is Janet Jackson/Justin Timberlake, no contest.
Previous Topic: Interactive movies and television
Next Topic: Vikings
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:47:54 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout