Home » Audio » Home Theater » Netflix crashing on Samsung Smart TV
Netflix crashing on Samsung Smart TV [message #89668] Thu, 31 January 2019 15:45 Go to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
How can I get Netflix to work better on my Samsung Smart TV? It crashes quite often and it's frustrating because I thought Smart TVs were supposed to make streaming easier. I called Netflix and customer service shifted blame to the television rather than their service. Is that likely true? Does anyone know how to fix it. A Google search turned up the suggestion of unplugging things which I did, but Netflix still crashes fairly often.
Re: Netflix crashing on Samsung Smart TV [message #89670 is a reply to message #89668] Fri, 01 February 2019 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I think Samsung is a pretty good brand, but their Netflix app for that particular model of TV might be buggy. These days, all manufacturers tend to ship products prematurely, assuming they can update firmware after delivery. It's a race to get products on the shelves, and they almost always jump the gun and have to fix bugs by online update. The upside is your TV will probably "fix itself" with one of the incremental updates.

In the meantime, you might get an inexpensive Roku box and connect it to your TV. It's a shame to have to do that, but you can probably re-purpose it later for a different TV.
Re: Netflix crashing on Samsung Smart TV [message #89672 is a reply to message #89670] Fri, 01 February 2019 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trilling Me Softly is currently offline  Trilling Me Softly
Baron
Make sure your television is up to date and that the Netflix app is up to date as well. Sometimes doing a factory reset helps. I haven't had my new Smart TV that long and I'm already surprised at the headaches.
Re: Netflix crashing on Samsung Smart TV [message #89677 is a reply to message #89668] Fri, 01 February 2019 20:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheWanderer is currently offline  TheWanderer
Baron
When I ran Netflix off of my Smart TV it was a constant hassle. I switched to Chromecast and never looked back. I've never had an issue and it's quite fun yelling commands at my device and having it respond to my will. Cool
Re: Netflix crashing on Samsung Smart TV [message #89680 is a reply to message #89668] Sat, 02 February 2019 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lilbill is currently offline  lilbill
Master
Have you tried to contact Samsung for that matter? I would also presume that this has more to do with the a bug in your TV set, rather than an issue with Netflix. I understand how frustrating this can be at times.
Re: Netflix crashing on Samsung Smart TV [message #89689 is a reply to message #89680] Sun, 03 February 2019 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Porter is currently offline  Porter
Viscount
I'm glad I read this thread. I didn't think you could connect a Roku or Chromecast to a Smart TV since they're all internet connected. I guess that was a silly assumption.
Re: Netflix crashing on Samsung Smart TV [message #89724 is a reply to message #89680] Tue, 05 February 2019 17:00 Go to previous message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
lilbill wrote on Sat, 02 February 2019 01:07
Have you tried to contact Samsung for that matter?
Yes, and it's the same ole song and dance - Netflix blames Samsung and Samsung blames Netflix. Of course! At least they're not blaming me, I suppose.

Thank you all for helping me! I sold my old Roku, but I still have my Chromecast somewhere around here. I'll give it a shot once I find it.
Previous Topic: The most expensive Home Theater Speakers
Next Topic: Functionality VS Design
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:43:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout