Home » Audio » Radio » The mystery around presenters
The mystery around presenters [message #89595] Sat, 19 January 2019 23:26 Go to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
I miss the good old days when you hardly knew the face behind the voice and for a long time, you tuned in with a vague idea of how a presenter looked like. I feel like that charm is slowly fading away with most radio stations now video streaming their shows. Nowadays you get to see the faces of the presenters, even before hearing their voices. Either way, change is inevitable.
Re: The mystery around presenters [message #89605 is a reply to message #89595] Mon, 21 January 2019 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheWanderer is currently offline  TheWanderer
Baron
I like seeing the face behind the voice. I always wondered what they looked like (somehow, they all ended up looking nearly identical in my head. I guess you could say I'm not very imaginative.) Laughing
Re: The mystery around presenters [message #89618 is a reply to message #89605] Wed, 23 January 2019 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Newjack is currently offline  Newjack
Viscount
TheWanderer wrote on Mon, 21 January 2019 19:26
I like seeing the face behind the voice. I always wondered what they looked like (somehow, they all ended up looking nearly identical in my head. I guess you could say I'm not very imaginative.) Laughing
Maybe you imagine them all looking the same because they all sound the same! Every radio announcer sounds identical to me. There's the male radio voice and the female radio voice. Maybe I'm just deaf and can't hear the subtle differences. Laughing
Re: The mystery around presenters [message #89635 is a reply to message #89595] Tue, 29 January 2019 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
On the contrary, I have never been able to match a person's face to what they sound on radio and there is often a thrill in finding out how your favorite radio presenter actually looks like. Thanks to social media, it is no longer practical for anyone to remain anonymous for too long.
Re: The mystery around presenters [message #89661 is a reply to message #89595] Thu, 31 January 2019 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jazzy is currently offline  Jazzy
Viscount
Can we even still call them as radio presenters or announcers when we can see their faces already? They are more like TV hosts without the studio audience. And yes, I also like imagining the faces of the person talking on the radio. I still do that when I go to a different place.
Re: The mystery around presenters [message #89805 is a reply to message #89595] Tue, 12 February 2019 13:00 Go to previous message
lilbill is currently offline  lilbill
Master
The good old days are gone and there isn't that mystery around these presenters as well. We also stopped tuning in to catch up on the latest news; radio is now a source of entertainment among many other things.
Previous Topic: ICA AC Companion Radio
Next Topic: Handheld analog scanner consider obsolete or convert to digital?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:22:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio