Home » Audio » Home Theater » Is it better to sell or set up a secondary system
Is it better to sell or set up a secondary system [message #89529] Wed, 09 January 2019 11:58 Go to next message
cwemoy is currently offline  cwemoy
Master
I recently set up a new system but my old system still works just fine. I am so attached to it that I am not willing to put it up for sale. Is there any point in setting it up in another room? For how long do home theater systems last (on average)?
Re: Is it better to sell or set up a secondary system [message #89544 is a reply to message #89529] Thu, 10 January 2019 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
You could set up your secondary system in a separate room for your children to enjoy or for your family and friends when you host them overnight. Your old system is bound to have less value, so maybe it wouldn't be as cringe worthy if people were a little less careful with it.
Re: Is it better to sell or set up a secondary system [message #89551 is a reply to message #89544] Fri, 11 January 2019 02:30 Go to previous message
lilbill is currently offline  lilbill
Master
Lost the Remote wrote on Thu, 10 January 2019 13:43
You could set up your secondary system in a separate room for your children to enjoy or for your family and friends when you host them overnight. Your old system is bound to have less value, so maybe it wouldn't be as cringe worthy if people were a little less careful with it.
I would also set up a secondary system not only for the children but also for anyone who opts not to watch anything in the main room. I hardly sell my old systems, often preferring to donate them or use them elsewhere.
Previous Topic: An outdoor home theater
Next Topic: Wall Color
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:38:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout