Home » Audio » Speaker » Is a soundbar really necessary?
Is a soundbar really necessary? [message #89526] Wed, 09 January 2019 07:50 Go to next message
sawyer25 is currently offline  sawyer25
Master
They have been said to deliver high-quality TV sound but I was just wondering whether they are really worth it, especially as an alternative to a home theater system? What other options are available?
Re: Is a soundbar really necessary? [message #89543 is a reply to message #89526] Thu, 10 January 2019 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
I see a lot of people talking about the soundbar when in essence this isn't something I have ever considered purchasing. I think soundbars are better suited for small rooms. The best option is to invest in good quality audio.
Re: Is a soundbar really necessary? [message #89553 is a reply to message #89543] Fri, 11 January 2019 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
I usually consider a soundbar to be a worthwhile upgrade. They take up little room, are simple to use, and they're pretty affordable. It helps create an immersive experience, especially when you're watching movies.
Re: Is a soundbar really necessary? [message #89561 is a reply to message #89553] Sat, 12 January 2019 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sawyer25 is currently offline  sawyer25
Master
Lost the Remote wrote on Fri, 11 January 2019 08:15
I usually consider a soundbar to be a worthwhile upgrade. They take up little room, are simple to use, and they're pretty affordable. It helps create an immersive experience, especially when you're watching movies.
This is true especially when you consider quality and cost. There are soundbars that can be gotten from as low as $200 to as high as $4,812. What I am not really sure about is whether or not they can replace home theaters. Their biggest advantage is the fact that they don't take up a lot of space.
Re: Is a soundbar really necessary? [message #89564 is a reply to message #89561] Sat, 12 January 2019 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, A soundbar is really just a budget way to get better sound from the TV. A dedicated HT system will be far better. What bugs me is that TV manufacturers put such crappy speakers in the TVs in the first place. Why not put in decent ones and not force folks to get add on gear? Mad

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Is a soundbar really necessary? [message #89566 is a reply to message #89564] Sun, 13 January 2019 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lilbill is currently offline  lilbill
Master
gofar99 wrote on Sat, 12 January 2019 16:07
Hi, A soundbar is really just a budget way to get better sound from the TV. A dedicated HT system will be far better. What bugs me is that TV manufacturers put such crappy speakers in the TVs in the first place. Why not put in decent ones and not force folks to get add on gear? Mad
This is a great point and you wonder why manufacturers have never thought of this before. Putting standard speakers will do no harm neither will it cause an absurd adjustment in cost.
Re: Is a soundbar really necessary? [message #89592 is a reply to message #89526] Fri, 18 January 2019 23:52 Go to previous message
Newjack is currently offline  Newjack
Viscount
I quite like soundbars. In my experience, they take up such little space and delivery good quality sound. It's nice when you have a small room and don't have the space to set up large speakers.
Previous Topic: Gaming headphones too hot
Next Topic: When does the center channel speaker become necessary?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:30:43 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio