Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Interactive movies and television
Interactive movies and television [message #89484] Fri, 04 January 2019 01:02 Go to next message
Porter is currently offline  Porter
Viscount
It seems like every Netflix user is talking about the interactive episode of Black Mirror called "Bandersnatch." If you aren't familiar, I'd say the episode is similar to those Choose-Your-Own-Adventure books that were popular during the '80s and '90s. It made for interesting television. Do you think this fad will catch on with other movies and television shows? Do you know of any other shows or movies that allows viewer interaction to tell the story?
Re: Interactive movies and television [message #89485 is a reply to message #89484] Fri, 04 January 2019 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Lots of advertisements on streaming services do this too. While watching an advertisement-funded streaming service, some ads will have a "click here for more info" button. If clicked, the viewer sees a more lengthy infomercial on the product.
Re: Interactive movies and television [message #89506 is a reply to message #89484] Mon, 07 January 2019 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Newjack is currently offline  Newjack
Viscount
While cool in theory, it's kind of lame in its current inception. It just doesn't feel right. It's not immersive for me. I feel like I'm playing a strange video game.
Re: Interactive movies and television [message #89636 is a reply to message #89484] Tue, 29 January 2019 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
I haven't had time to watch Black Mirror despite everyone seeming to have done so. These streaming services run a lot of ads and at times, it isn't so easy to ignore them. Can one opt out of these ads?
Re: Interactive movies and television [message #89673 is a reply to message #89636] Fri, 01 February 2019 15:10 Go to previous message
Trilling Me Softly is currently offline  Trilling Me Softly
Baron
mamoss wrote on Tue, 29 January 2019 10:04
These streaming services run a lot of ads and at times, it isn't so easy to ignore them. Can one opt out of these ads?
Netflix subscribers can skip the ads. Just log into your account and go to the settings menu. Look for "test participation" and turn it off.
Previous Topic: The Ballad of Buster Scruggs
Next Topic: The Super Bowl's memorable musical performances
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:09:43 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout