Home » Audio » Source » Is Red Trumpet still in business?
Is Red Trumpet still in business? [message #12588] Tue, 01 November 2005 11:47 Go to next message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Anyone have any contact with these folks lately? I ordered an album on Oct 8 and have not received it. No one is answering my emails, and the telephone number doesnt go through. Just wondering if they were out of business or what?

Russellc

Re: Is Red Trumpet still in business? [message #12589 is a reply to message #12588] Wed, 02 November 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Man Don't say that; they are the most reliable. What does thier site say?

Re: Is Red Trumpet still in business? [message #12592 is a reply to message #12589] Wed, 02 November 2005 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Their site is up and working, but no telephone or fax. I understand that "John" is no longer with them. They do not answer ANY Emails and ship no product. I will NEVER order from these losers again. It used to be a nice place. Not now. I am seriously considering buying an airline ticket and showing up on their front door...see what they say then. I can no longer reccomend that anyone do any further business with this outfit. Most unfortunate, it was my favorite on line source.

Russellc

Re: Is Red Trumpet still in business? [message #12593 is a reply to message #12592] Wed, 02 November 2005 19:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Their is quite a lot of banter on the steve hoffman site, people who have been ripped off and those defending rick and John. Anyone who takes money, is out of business and leaves the site up is dishonest in my book. One poor guy appears to be out over 900 for a VPI turntable that VPI claims was never ordered. If it was my 900, I just hope their health insurance is paid up, they would be needing it. From what I can gather, normally they do not charge your card until item is shipped. strangly, this item I ordered is in stock but not shipped. The fly in the ointment is if you order something not in stock, then you are charged immediately. Unfortunately, my favorite, most trusted vinyl source is kaput.

Russellc

Re: Is Red Trumpet still in business? [message #12594 is a reply to message #12593] Wed, 02 November 2005 19:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Russell is this verified? Have they announced their out of business?

Re: Is Red Trumpet still in business? [message #12595 is a reply to message #12594] Thu, 03 November 2005 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
not that I know but some on the previously mentioned forum say so.

Man, it looks bad... they were very fair, really to bad. The chatter over there indicates the guys who used to run it, john and rick, are no longer there either. Their telephone number and fax are no longer working and no one gets an email answered. There is a fairly extensive thread, with lots of people chiming in the same story. Web site, although not updated, looks like business as usual.

Russellc

Re: Is Red Trumpet still in business? [message #12596 is a reply to message #12595] Thu, 03 November 2005 18:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Tough Business. Looking at the influx of Chinese made audio that seems to be ratcheting up by the hour I would hesitate to be in the audio business also. Man how do they sell this stuff so cheap?
And it's good quality now; not like five years ago.

Re: Is Red Trumpet still in business? [message #12599 is a reply to message #12596] Sat, 05 November 2005 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
china is becoming hugh and high quality quicker than we realize. They have built more highways in the last year or so than we have EVER. They are not in debt as a nation, and are cash rich. ( the government, not the people) Labor is peanuts there. Even more remarkable, we and most other countries outsource to them, and they have access to technology with little or no R& D....Pretty sweet setup, they will probably run this country someday. Look at the sad state the dorks that run this country have made of it!

Re: Is Red Trumpet still in business? [message #12601 is a reply to message #12599] Sat, 05 November 2005 11:20 Go to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I agree but have at least one defense and that is that we as a nation have spent how many billions dfending others. A standing army in Europe; Japan. Fighting wars every other year; Central America, Middle East.
The money adds up.

Previous Topic: Design and Manufacturing Differences in the AR XA
Next Topic: See warning in digital section about Sony CDs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 22:59:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers