Home » Audio » Source » Shure V15-II
Shure V15-II [message #12581] Mon, 17 October 2005 06:00 Go to next message
Thomas is currently offline  Thomas
Esquire
Hello,
further to my other question I posted yesterday, I'd like to know if it's worth the while to find & buy a needle for a Shure V15-II which happened to be on the Rabco arm I bought for my Luxman turntable. Is it any good compared to Linn K9 (which I find so so) and Ortofon MC20 Super which I like?

Re: Shure V15-II [message #12582 is a reply to message #12581] Sat, 22 October 2005 07:08 Go to previous message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)
If you can find a nos original shure, yes, if you cant , no. by this I mean that I wouldn't go for any of the el-cheapo replacement ones you might find on the market. It will not perform like the original, and a new better cartridge would be the better choice sonically. On the other hand, if you were going to go the el cheapo route on a new cartridge (sounds like you are not going this way) then why not try one? I hear people talking about "replacement" stylus from japan for around30 bucks. You could stall off the new purchase and let everyone know how it compares. while I have read posts inquiring about these "replacement" cartridges, I have not read anything concerning anyone who actually has tried one.
I repeat, they will not perform like an original shure, which was admittedly a much more expensive item.

Russellc

Previous Topic: denon dp-47f
Next Topic: M97X
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 01:47:54 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers