Home » Audio » Speaker » Speakers for my car.
Speakers for my car. [message #89345] Wed, 12 December 2018 15:04 Go to next message
Newjack is currently offline  Newjack
Viscount
I'm thinking about changing the speakers in my car. It's a pretty old car and the speakers leave much to be desired. They sound a bit scratchy. Does anyone have recommendations for car speakers? Anything I should specifically look out for? My car is a 2002 Toyota Camry if that helps. Thanks!
Re: Speakers for my car. [message #89349 is a reply to message #89345] Thu, 13 December 2018 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trilling Me Softly is currently offline  Trilling Me Softly
Baron
Are you planning to do the work yourself? I think the rear speakers might be tough, but the front speakers should be easy to switch out. You'll probably have to switch out the tweeters too. This could get pricey. Crutchfield.com is the resource I use for finding car speakers.
Re: Speakers for my car. [message #89350 is a reply to message #89349] Thu, 13 December 2018 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I used these 4" full range speakers for some workshop speakers. They sound good, and they're pretty efficient, 91 db.
https://www.parts-express.com/faitalpro-4fe35-4-professional-full-range-woofer-4-ohm--294-1123

Re: Speakers for my car. [message #89365 is a reply to message #89345] Sat, 15 December 2018 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Newjack is currently offline  Newjack
Viscount
Thanks for the replies. Trilling, I'm planning on doing the work myself. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone mechanically inclined and it's much too expensive to take it into a shop these days. I plan on using YouTube and some elbow grease to help me. The website you linked is awesome, I'll be diving further into it to help me make my decision.

Rusty, I checked out your link. Looks good, especially for the price. Can't really go wrong there. How long have you had yours?
Re: Speakers for my car. [message #89366 is a reply to message #89345] Sat, 15 December 2018 16:13 Go to previous message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Had them for a couple of years. As I said, mine I used for my workshop. I made some boxes for them based on the information on the link. They're 4" speakers so the bass isn't going to be proficient. But I have an old c.d. player that I play some of my reggae through, and it will hint at the bass lines within. The nice thing is they're pretty efficient, so for a car with it's noise environment, you should be able to get decent volume with the available power going to it. Pretty smooth sounding overall I think.
Previous Topic: Connecting to multiple bluetooth speakers
Next Topic: Which bluetooth speakers?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:18:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout