Home » Audio » Movies & Music » What To Do With VHS and BetaMax Movies?
What To Do With VHS and BetaMax Movies? [message #89255] Mon, 19 November 2018 16:07 Go to next message
Groot is currently offline  Groot
Viscount
I found a box of my father's collection of old movies. They are mostly VHS copies and a few BetaMax ones. I don't want to throw them because some of them still look good. But I don't want to keep them anymore because a few have accumulated molds.
Re: What To Do With VHS and BetaMax Movies? [message #89265 is a reply to message #89255] Tue, 20 November 2018 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I don't know about the betamax, but the vhs you ought to be able to buy an old player pretty cheap somewhere. If you want to view them.
Re: What To Do With VHS and BetaMax Movies? [message #89269 is a reply to message #89265] Tue, 20 November 2018 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
Check out Freecycle and list what you have. Craigslist is also a good bet. Some people can't give the stuff away so I'm not sure it'll work, but it's worth a try.
Re: What To Do With VHS and BetaMax Movies? [message #89392 is a reply to message #89255] Mon, 17 December 2018 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheWanderer is currently offline  TheWanderer
Baron
You can always recycle them. Green Disk accepts VHS tapes. You can mail the tapes to them in a box. I wouldn't keep them around if I were you. Mold can make you sick.
Re: What To Do With VHS and BetaMax Movies? [message #89893 is a reply to message #89255] Sun, 10 March 2019 09:17 Go to previous message
Groot is currently offline  Groot
Viscount
Thanks for the suggestions. I wish I can still sell them, so I will try to see if there are collectors out there willing to buy these collections. I'm worried about the molds, so I've discarded the tapes that have mold in them.
Previous Topic: Illegal Drugs Portrayed in Movies
Next Topic: Best comedy films in the past decade?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:45:28 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio