Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Upcoming Shows of Interest
Upcoming Shows of Interest [message #89213] Wed, 14 November 2018 20:06 Go to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
Are there any movies set to premiere soon that you're dying to see? I recently saw Bohemian Rhapsody and was disappointed in the portrayal of Freddie Mercury as some sort of villain instead of the talented musician he was. It wasn't a terrible movie, just not what I expected. Now I'm looking forward to seeing Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald which premieres in a couple of days. What about you?
Re: Upcoming Shows of Interest [message #89225 is a reply to message #89213] Thu, 15 November 2018 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I wanted to see Bohemian Rhapsody because I grew up in that era and also because I have always been fascinated by the Zoroastrian religion and culture. Freddie Mercury (true name Farrokh Bulsara) is one of the most famous Zoroastrians of modern times. So I wanted to see a story about his childhood and the influences of his life, probably more because of his Zoroastrian heritage than the fame and fortune aspects.

But my wife thinks it will have too much "Sex, Drugs and Rock-n-Roll." I laughingly said "that's all the good stuff" but agreed that it might have showed more of the ugly parts of his life. So we didn't go. And from what you've said, I probably wouldn't have liked it either.

We're anxious to go see Fantastic Beasts this weekend.

Re: Upcoming Shows of Interest [message #89239 is a reply to message #89225] Fri, 16 November 2018 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I'm interested in an upcoming Clint Eastwood directed and starring movie, (he just keeps on going like the energizer bunny). The Mule has him portraying a real life character Leo Sharp, a mid 80 year old drug runner for the Mexican drug cartel, (El Chapo). Looks like a fine dramatic effort. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7959026/
Re: Upcoming Shows of Interest [message #89270 is a reply to message #89225] Tue, 20 November 2018 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
Wayne Parham wrote on Thu, 15 November 2018 08:37

We're anxious to go see Fantastic Beasts this weekend.

So what did you think? A lot of my friends hated it, but it's tough to condense a thick book into a movie and things are going to be left out. It always happens. I thought the movie was excellent.

You might like Bohemian Rhapsody. His religion isn't a huge focal point, but they don't shy away from it either. There just wasn't enough focus on the music and talent in my opinion.
Re: Upcoming Shows of Interest [message #89271 is a reply to message #89270] Tue, 20 November 2018 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I really enjoyed Fantastic Beasts but then again I like stories like that. So even though there was a lot going on that was easy to miss, I still liked it. I think that's what put off most people that didn't like the movie - There is too much going on and too much that is easy to miss. It's a complex story with unusual things that cannot be intuited. A person that isn't familiar with the genre probably would need to watch this one - along with its associated movies - a few times to get a full grasp of the story and all of its details.

Re: Upcoming Shows of Interest [message #89275 is a reply to message #89213] Tue, 20 November 2018 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Malfoy is currently offline  Malfoy
Viscount
Masters of the Skies is a 10-episode TV show that I've been waiting for a very long time. It is the 3rd WW2 documentary produced by Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks, following The Band of Brothers and The Pacific series.
Re: Upcoming Shows of Interest [message #89440 is a reply to message #89275] Sun, 23 December 2018 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
musicluvr is currently offline  musicluvr
Viscount
I just watched the latest version of The Grinch and it was pretty cute. Has anyone seen Aquaman? What did you think about it? It's next on our list. That or Holmes and Watson when it comes out.
Re: Upcoming Shows of Interest [message #89473 is a reply to message #89213] Wed, 02 January 2019 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Newjack is currently offline  Newjack
Viscount
This thread is a stark reminder that I need to pay attention to current events more Laughing I haven't heard of any of these movies listed. The last movie I watched in theatres was Star Wars in 2017!
Re: Upcoming Shows of Interest [message #89480 is a reply to message #89440] Wed, 02 January 2019 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Porter is currently offline  Porter
Viscount
musicluvr wrote on Sun, 23 December 2018 15:10
Has anyone seen Aquaman? What did you think about it? It's next on our list. That or Holmes and Watson when it comes out.
Aquaman was okay. It starts slow and it's not phenomenal, but the action is good and entertaining. I recommend you avoid Holmes and Watson which fell flat. The movie was neither funny nor interesting at all. Of course, that's just my opinion though.
Re: Upcoming Shows of Interest [message #89507 is a reply to message #89213] Mon, 07 January 2019 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
TheWanderer is currently offline  TheWanderer
Baron
I'm a huge fan of Sherlock Holmes (books, movies, even video games) so I was planning on watching Holmes and Watson. Disappointing to hear that it isn't very good.

Previous Topic: Background music for videos
Next Topic: Illegal Drugs Portrayed in Movies
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:50:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout