Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Digital Editing
Digital Editing [message #89042] Tue, 23 October 2018 10:36 Go to next message
Junior is currently offline  Junior
Viscount
I've seen a video where the violinist doesn't know how to follow the musical piece. I don't know if they did that intentionally or the person doesn't really know how to play the violin properly. However, the music technician told the person to play the notes. The technician created a musical piece using the notes that the person played with the help of computer software.
Re: Digital Editing [message #89046 is a reply to message #89042] Tue, 23 October 2018 17:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I wonder which one of them should be considered the artist?

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Digital Editing [message #89052 is a reply to message #89042] Thu, 25 October 2018 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Junior is currently offline  Junior
Viscount
I will place a link of that video if I'm permitted to. The artist is the technician who created music out of editing the videos. Makes me wonder about singers nowadays. Is it only the talent of the singer or with the mixer as well?
Re: Digital Editing [message #89736 is a reply to message #89052] Wed, 06 February 2019 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trilling Me Softly is currently offline  Trilling Me Softly
Baron
So, is it similar to Auto-Tune software, kind of like those pop singers are rumored to use? I'm surprised that someone who didn't know how to play the instrument could still manage that much. They must've known how to play a different string instrument or something.
Re: Digital Editing [message #90041 is a reply to message #89736] Sun, 07 April 2019 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Augustus is currently offline  Augustus
Baron
Aside from EDM tracks, I don't think that the musical pieces constructed with computer software sound nearly as good as when a musician plays the whole piece in one loop. Sure, the computer has perfect pitch, but it just doesn't convey the same tension and emotion.
Re: Digital Editing [message #90075 is a reply to message #90041] Wed, 10 April 2019 05:05 Go to previous message
cwemoy is currently offline  cwemoy
Master
Augustus wrote on Sun, 07 April 2019 11:54
Aside from EDM tracks, I don't think that the musical pieces constructed with computer software sound nearly as good as when a musician plays the whole piece in one loop. Sure, the computer has perfect pitch, but it just doesn't convey the same tension and emotion.
I completely agree with you even though it seems that music in this day and age has beats that are constructed using computer software. Again, fewer musicians can be able to play more than one musical instrument. Are we now paying less attention to actual music composition? Who takes the credit at the end of the day?
Previous Topic: Sound Feedback
Next Topic: DAW less complicated than Reaper?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:56:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio