Home » Audio » Source » Pioneer PL-112D Help
Pioneer PL-112D Help [message #12555] Tue, 20 September 2005 12:20 Go to next message
Nova74 is currently offline  Nova74
Esquire
Hello,
I have a Pioneer PL-112D that I have a few questions about.
I am mainly going to be using the table to make DVD-Audio conversions on my computer. So sound quality is important to me, but I'm not an audiophile (or at least I don't have an audiophile's budget).
All I know about the player is that I replaced the cartridge with a Shure cartridge about 4 years ago, and the player has seen little use since them. It also works well when hooked up to my vintage Marantz receiver.
I know I will need a preamp to boost the level for computer recording or playback on my newer Yamaha home theatre receiver.
I did a little searching online and the channel separation for the player is listed at 65db. I've seen some preamps (Radioshack Model for instance) that are rated at only 55db of separation. Now wouldn't I want a preamp with at least as much channel spearation as the player?
Does anyone recommend any models? I'm looking for something hopefully under $50
And as far as the player. Is it a good model? I know it is belt-driven and has an S shaped tonearm.
There is so much that I don't know about turntables. And it is really hard to find info on the web. Can anyone point me toward a site that has some good information?
Thanks in Advance.
Ryan

Re: Pioneer PL-112D Help [message #12556 is a reply to message #12555] Thu, 22 September 2005 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nova74 is currently offline  Nova74
Esquire
Correction:
When referring to "channel separation" in the previous post, I meant S/N ratio.
Sorry for the confusion.
Ryan

Re: Pioneer PL-112D Help [message #12576 is a reply to message #12556] Tue, 11 October 2005 15:17 Go to previous message
Cyclotronguy is currently offline  Cyclotronguy
Chancellor
At the time it was introduced this was a nice entry level TT.

Previous Topic: Pioneer PL-100 problems
Next Topic: vinylengine.com
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 03:19:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout