Home » Audio » Speaker » Speakers Facing Each Other
Speakers Facing Each Other [message #88967] Tue, 09 October 2018 11:38 Go to next message
Malfoy is currently offline  Malfoy
Viscount
I had a trip lately where we rode this fancy bus with speakers on both sides of the overhead carriage. What I noticed was that the speakers were facing each other. Will there be a negative effect on the speakers with this kind of setup?
Re: Speakers Facing Each Other [message #88968 is a reply to message #88967] Tue, 09 October 2018 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
An old trick that many people use is placing speakers out of phase and facing each other. I am not sure if doing this achieves much, in terms of optimizing the sound produced.
Re: Speakers Facing Each Other [message #89227 is a reply to message #88967] Thu, 15 November 2018 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jazzy is currently offline  Jazzy
Viscount
I don't think there is a problem with that setup because there is still a space between the speakers. There will be a problem when we positioned the speakers towards each other within a close proximity that they will double the vibration that each speaker will produce. This is how I understand it so maybe some can enlighten us on this.
Re: Speakers Facing Each Other [message #94639 is a reply to message #88967] Thu, 21 October 2021 06:40 Go to previous message
Phonetic Ear is currently offline  Phonetic Ear
Baron
Wouldn't that damage the speakers in the long run? It also doesn't seem like a practical idea concerning the arrangement. If there's limited space, at least try to maintain a few feet between them.
Previous Topic: Gaming speakers and headphones
Next Topic: The Intellectual People Podcast - Clayton Shaw (Spatial Audio)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:09:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio