Home » Audio » Source » Storing vinyl records
Storing vinyl records [message #88929] Wed, 03 October 2018 12:04 Go to next message
sawyer25 is currently offline  sawyer25
Master
I remember my dad being very particular about taking care of his collectibles, and he greatly discouraged using the hand to cue up a record. What I also learned was never to stack these records, whether in their jackets or not, as this would cause warping. What are the other ways of ensuring that they are stored correctly?
Re: Storing vinyl records [message #88933 is a reply to message #88929] Thu, 04 October 2018 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
The standard has always been like a book, held upright, not leaning, on edge in it's jacket and cover. In a clean dry environment. Are you putting them in storage indefinitely?
Re: Storing vinyl records [message #88946 is a reply to message #88929] Sat, 06 October 2018 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mamoss is currently offline  mamoss
Master
You have to be careful with vinyl records and only touch the edges and label areas. If the intention is to keep them in storage for months or years, they should be stored vertically. The right kind of container (to keep them vertical) will also come in handy.
Re: Storing vinyl records [message #89237 is a reply to message #88946] Fri, 16 November 2018 08:05 Go to previous message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
I've been listening to my father's collection of records and he took poor care of them, much like I treated tapes and compact discs at a young age. But while those items were easily ruined, vinyl records seem surprisingly durable and most of his records play just fine. I take great care of my father's records now though.
Previous Topic: Vinyl Recording
Next Topic: Why Vinyl Sucks
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:05:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout