Home » Audio » Speaker » Moving Sound
Moving Sound [message #88883] Tue, 25 September 2018 10:54 Go to next message
Groot is currently offline  Groot
Viscount
I was listening to a music lately. There was this sound effect where it started from the left side of the speaker and moved to the right side then slowly faded away. How does that work and do all speakers have the same feature as this?
Re: Moving Sound [message #89087 is a reply to message #88883] Fri, 02 November 2018 17:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Duks is currently offline  Duks
Chancellor
It may be a problem with the wiring. Does the sound fade or break when you move the wires? Also, you might want to check if all the amplifiers are working well.
Re: Moving Sound [message #89089 is a reply to message #88883] Sat, 03 November 2018 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I think what your describing is accomplished by the recording engineer using control knobs to "pan" the instrument or voice across from one stereo speaker to the other. A very old technique since the stereo effect was introduced. So, if there is no other anomaly going on with your speakers out of the ordinary, that's probably the effect you heard. It's how the recording was made. Your speakers are just reproducing it. Like they're suppose to.
Re: Moving Sound [message #89099 is a reply to message #88883] Mon, 05 November 2018 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
I think Rusty understood what was happening to the sound effect that I heard. How come that music these days don't apply this technique anymore. Even with movies, I seldom hear this "pan" technique.
Re: Moving Sound [message #89102 is a reply to message #89099] Mon, 05 November 2018 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Was the music you heard this technique older music? It could certainly be done with today's music, however at the advent of stereo, the whole medium was novel, and this technique was just a part of that. There was also something called I believe, "ping Pong" where by the left right channels would alternate with a instrument back and forth. Listen to some retro cocktail music from the 50's, 60's and these techniques are all over the place. No bachelor pad would be complete without it.
Re: Moving Sound [message #89203 is a reply to message #88883] Wed, 14 November 2018 10:35 Go to previous message
Viscount
Yes, I heard that panning technique from the oldies. I grew up in a time when this type of music was being replaced by rap and pop music. Maybe this generation doesn't appreciate that kind of music any longer.
Previous Topic: Mounting speakers
Next Topic: Connecting to multiple bluetooth speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:15:59 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout