Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » What's included in the One and Two Kits
What's included in the One and Two Kits [message #88857] Fri, 21 September 2018 13:45 Go to next message
Twoears
Esquire
Hi, I've been looking for a some small efficient shallow-box/ wide-baffle speakers and stumbled on Pi speakers. I'm a bit apprehensive to purchase a kit without a bit more documentation. Could I ask what is included in the One and Two kits? What drivers are used? How are the crossover components documented/ assembled etc. Thanks, Tim
Re: What's included in the One and Two Kits [message #88858 is a reply to message #88857] Fri, 21 September 2018 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Kits include the speaker drivers, the connector panel, hook up wires, "π" logo decal and a printed copy of the plans. For larger speakers that incorporate a compression tweeter and crossover network, kits also include the crossover, Zobel woofer damper, and all cable assemblies are completed and ready to install. Every kit containing a compression driver also includes the horn flare and the bolts to mount the driver to the horn.

Basically, kits include all the components required to assemble a loudspeaker except the cabinet. Crossovers and cable assemblies are ready to go - No soldering necessary.

For more information, please see the following links:
Re: What's included in the One and Two Kits [message #88859 is a reply to message #88858] Fri, 21 September 2018 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Twoears
Esquire
O.K., that's very helpful. Somehow, I couldn't locate those pages. Thanks for the quick reply.
Re: What's included in the One and Two Kits [message #88860 is a reply to message #88859] Fri, 21 September 2018 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Twoears
Esquire
Are kits priced for a single speaker or pairs?
Re: What's included in the One and Two Kits [message #88861 is a reply to message #88860] Fri, 21 September 2018 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Prices shown are for individual speakers. So if you want a stereo pair, buy two kits.

Re: What's included in the One and Two Kits [message #96824 is a reply to message #88857] Tue, 04 July 2023 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Twoears
Esquire
Hi Wayne. Are the cabinet flat-packs you offer MDF or baltic birch etc.? What thickness? Are they rabbeted construction of just butt-joints? Any assembly photos or build journals you can reference? Thank, happy 4th, Tim
Re: What's included in the One and Two Kits [message #96825 is a reply to message #96824] Wed, 05 July 2023 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The flat-pack kits are all made from MDF. I prefer MDF over Baltic Birch unless the cabinets will be exposed to standing water or very high humidity. Baltic birch is more durable, but MDF sounds better. The joints are mortise and tenon. Thickness depends on the model, and are as shown in the plans.
Re: What's included in the One and Two Kits [message #96826 is a reply to message #96825] Wed, 05 July 2023 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Twoears
Esquire
Thank you. Could I see the plans for the One and Two kits? or are they only available w/ kit purchase? (I understand.) Are there published frequency range for the speakers? (I understand that is placement dependent, but it would help when referencing published spec.s with other speakers I own.) thanks, Tim
Re: What's included in the One and Two Kits [message #96827 is a reply to message #96826] Wed, 05 July 2023 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

No purchase is required for plans, but I do ask that people decide what they want to build before requesting plans. Some people build more than one model, and I'll send multiple plans for that. But I ask you to decide what you actually want to build before sending the plans.

To help you decide, please see the following links:
Re: What's included in the One and Two Kits [message #96828 is a reply to message #96827] Wed, 05 July 2023 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Twoears
Esquire
Pi One plans please. thank you!
Previous Topic: Jbl 2226h and 2447h
Next Topic: 4-pi "clone", active - am I on the right track?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:18:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio