Home » Audio » General » Gaming Audio
Gaming Audio [message #88700] Sat, 18 August 2018 16:41 Go to next message
The Noise is currently offline  The Noise
Master
Do you think the audio from a game on a gaming station like PS4 is comparable to the audio from a music CD? Do you think they use the same, or comaprable, recording equipment?
Re: Gaming Audio [message #88730 is a reply to message #88700] Sat, 25 August 2018 17:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, they could , but I doubt it as they want to maximize video performance and every bit of PC performance is important.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Gaming Audio [message #89812 is a reply to message #88730] Tue, 12 February 2019 18:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trilling Me Softly is currently offline  Trilling Me Softly
Baron
I don't think many gamers pay that much attention to the music on games. Sound effects might matter a bit more, but overall they're usually focused on hearing each other through the mic or they're paying attention to gameplay. I can't imagine developers spending much money or time on it. I could be wrong though.
Re: Gaming Audio [message #89853 is a reply to message #88700] Sat, 23 February 2019 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Newjack is currently offline  Newjack
Viscount
It depends on the game. A very atmospheric or story driven game is going to have top notch audio that really immerses you in the game world. These games often have the soundtrack for sale as a separate product. If you're playing a silly, short game, it's not as important and not as much time and effort goes into the audio.
Re: Gaming Audio [message #89933 is a reply to message #88700] Sat, 16 March 2019 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheWanderer is currently offline  TheWanderer
Baron
Audio can really make or break a game for me. If it's terrible quality or just really amateur sound effects, the game completely loses its appeal. I get distracted at how bad everything sounds and it makes my game experience stink. Thankfully, there are plenty of games with top-notch audio that you can tell a lot of thought and time went into creating it.
Re: Gaming Audio [message #89952 is a reply to message #88700] Sat, 23 March 2019 12:01 Go to previous message
Malfoy is currently offline  Malfoy
Viscount
There are some game developers that have a very good soundtrack in their games like Square Enix (makers of Final Fantasy) and Ubisoft (makers of Assassin's Creed). I've played both games and they make the game more enjoyable with the soundtrack playing in the background, and the sound effects of the actions done by the characters.
Previous Topic: Cellphone Signals Interfering Airplane Control
Next Topic: Speaker producing hums
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:40:26 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout