Home » Audio » Radio » News or Music
News or Music [message #88617] Tue, 07 August 2018 23:08 Go to next message
Malfoy is currently offline  Malfoy
Viscount
We use the radio for knowing the latest news or listening to music for relaxation. Which one do you usually use the radio for and why? I use the radio mostly for the music part. I can get my news when I scan the internet.
Re: News or Music [message #88657 is a reply to message #88617] Fri, 10 August 2018 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Groot is currently offline  Groot
Viscount
I use it for both for news and music. The radio station I'm listening to is a news outlet, and they play classical music in-between the news. I dream of having my own radio station.
Re: News or Music [message #88661 is a reply to message #88657] Fri, 10 August 2018 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I listen to radio mainly in the car. Both music and news. NPR for news and flipping around for any decent music from commercial radio. Which, when I get tired of flipping around for some half arsed decent song I go to NPR. Then I'll retreat to a classical music station when the news and commercial music gets too absurd.
Re: News or Music [message #88688 is a reply to message #88617] Wed, 15 August 2018 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I don't like the news, but I will listen to certain talk radio shows that are basically commenting on the news. Their own personal take on it.
Re: News or Music [message #89061 is a reply to message #88617] Fri, 26 October 2018 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pato is currently offline  Pato
Chancellor
I barely ever listen to radio, but when I do I would rather listen to music. I can get both music and news from the internet and other sources; but for the music, radio plays a lot of songs that I like but had forgotten about. When I play music from the internet, I tend to repeat a lot of songs, but the radio plays many songs outside of what I normally listen to, but still enjoy.
Re: News or Music [message #89100 is a reply to message #88617] Mon, 05 November 2018 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Groot is currently offline  Groot
Viscount
Pato is correct about radio stations playing the music that we like, even the ones we haven't heard for a long time. I just don't like radio commentators that talk about nonsense.
Re: News or Music [message #89111 is a reply to message #89100] Wed, 07 November 2018 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
I listen to a few talk radio shows. It allows me to make the most of my commute by learning something new that's still entertaining enough to keep me from zoning out in traffic.
Re: News or Music [message #89988 is a reply to message #89111] Wed, 03 April 2019 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Augustus is currently offline  Augustus
Baron
I usually only listen to the radio while driving. I enjoy some talk radio programs like The Tech Guy, but I often avoid the news while driving just because it makes me anxious. It's become too political and polarizing.
Re: News or Music [message #89993 is a reply to message #89988] Wed, 03 April 2019 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Just music via satellite in both car and home. For news the TV gets the nod ...once a day after dinner. I can't take any more than that as most is slanted in one direction or another. If I'm at my PC for any long period I will check the main (NBC, CBS, ABC,MSN) news feeds. Still often slanted, but at least I can pick and choose what to look at.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: News or Music [message #90146 is a reply to message #88617] Tue, 23 April 2019 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
TheWanderer is currently offline  TheWanderer
Baron
I mainly listen to music but enjoy listening to talk radio now and again if the subject matter is interesting enough. I particularly enjoy the call-in portions of the show. The callers are rather...eccentric!
Previous Topic: 1922 Westinghouse Aeriola
Next Topic: Vlissingen 1485 AM
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:31:21 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout