Home » Audio » Movies & Music » The long-term future of movie theaters
The long-term future of movie theaters [message #88582] Sun, 05 August 2018 11:36 Go to next message
Lennix is currently offline  Lennix
Chancellor
What do you think the long-term future of movie theaters looks like?

Ticket sales have been declining for a while now and I imagine there are a few reasons why. For one, the ticket prices have gotten outrageous. Secondly, movies are getting released to on-demand services or DVD a lot sooner than they used to. I saw one site say that it's because of the lack of variation in movies these days.

What do you think is to blame and do you think it's something movie theaters will bounce back from?
Re: The long-term future of movie theaters [message #88608 is a reply to message #88582] Tue, 07 August 2018 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Yeah, I dunno. I still like to go to a theater, just for the size and sound possible. But I find that I go less and less because what you say, the lack of variation. Especially summertime and the action genre. I just go to matinee's, because of the cost and it's less crowded. Like newspapers, movie theaters have more and more pressure making a profit from the digital dilemma. I just hope they can hang on. Who knows, maybe they'll come back like vinyl did. Nostalgia or whatever you want to call it.
Re: The long-term future of movie theaters [message #88618 is a reply to message #88582] Tue, 07 August 2018 23:09 Go to previous message
Lennix is currently offline  Lennix
Chancellor
I like to go to the theaters too but usually only for two types of films. Either ones that I'm too excited for and can't wait to see it or movies that really require the big screen, surround sound, etc. to really get the full effect.

Ugh, summertime and the action genre. All of these superhero movies are killing me. I just can't get into them. I could get into some of them in the beginning but there are just too many now. Matinees are really the only way to go!

Yeah, the nostalgia could always help them hang on. I hope they stick around but I just have a feeling that it's going to be very hard for them.
Previous Topic: The Sound of A Quiet Place
Next Topic: Royalty free music
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:16:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout