Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Impossible Odds
Impossible Odds [message #88546] Sat, 28 July 2018 09:31 Go to next message
Groot is currently offline  Groot
Viscount
Yesterday I watched Mission Impossible 6: Fall Out. I will not mention any spoilers here so I will say it in general terms. I have no problem with action and suspense movies like this one, but some of the scenes are so impossible for a human being to survive. What do you think?
Re: Impossible Odds [message #88553 is a reply to message #88546] Sun, 29 July 2018 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

There are so many movies like that - Almost all the action movies show impossible feats. A lot of them get away with it because the plot is about superheroes, but there are many with "ordinary mortals" that do super-human stuff. Even as far back as the 1960s and 1970s, I can recall movies with characters like James Bond that do impossible feats. So I just "suspend disbelief" and enjoy the show.

Re: Impossible Odds [message #88573 is a reply to message #88553] Sat, 04 August 2018 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
One thing aside from CGI enhanced imagery is the impossible length and gymnastics of fisticuffs scenes. The amount of energy that would be expended would probably cause organs to shut down in mere mortals. One of my favorite fight scene's was the ancient movie Treasure of the Sierra Madre. Humphrey Bogart and Tim Holt get in a dust up barroom fight with a cheatn' boss who welch'd on their wages. Everyone was huffing and puffing a few minutes in just like the real world. They finally clobbered the boss man and got their wages. But they were exhausted.
Re: Impossible Odds [message #88599 is a reply to message #88546] Mon, 06 August 2018 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Groot is currently offline  Groot
Viscount
I will mention the scene I referred to as "too impossible" for the sake of conversation. I guess this will attract others to watch it.

Ethan piloted a helicopter then rammed it into another helicopter and survived the crash. Well, it was just a movie so everything was possible.
Re: Impossible Odds [message #88629 is a reply to message #88546] Wed, 08 August 2018 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Junior is currently offline  Junior
Viscount
We are not bothered by what the movies portray in fantasy or science fiction genre. Action movies are the same that are portraying the impossible odds. It was not titled Mission Impossible for anything. Very Happy
Re: Impossible Odds [message #88785 is a reply to message #88546] Fri, 07 September 2018 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Noise is currently offline  The Noise
Master
I don't watch movies like that for the realism. Watching action movies entertains me because unrealistic scenes are.....well.....entertaining.

It's good to get out of reality from time time and simply enjoy what you're watching without giving it much thought.
Re: Impossible Odds [message #88839 is a reply to message #88785] Wed, 19 September 2018 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Junior is currently offline  Junior
Viscount
The Noise wrote on Fri, 07 September 2018 11:45
I don't watch movies like that for the realism. Watching action movies entertains me because unrealistic scenes are.....well.....entertaining.

It's good to get out of reality from time time and simply enjoy what you're watching without giving it much thought.
We have similar thoughts. We become like a critic of the movies without getting paid when we take the movies too seriously. Fictional movies are made because we usually can't do or see those things in real life.
Re: Impossible Odds [message #88943 is a reply to message #88546] Fri, 05 October 2018 12:24 Go to previous message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
Groot wrote on Sat, 28 July 2018 09:31
Yesterday I watched Mission Impossible 6: Fall Out. I will not mention any spoilers here so I will say it in general terms. I have no problem with action and suspense movies like this one, but some of the scenes are so impossible for a human being to survive. What do you think?
Well, that is what makes these movies watchable because if the stunts were doable, then the thrill and excitement would fade off. I generally love sci-fi and action movies because of the creativity involved.
Previous Topic: The Oldies
Next Topic: Newfound love for previously hated songs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:12:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout