Home » Audio » Movies & Music » The Sound of A Quiet Place
The Sound of A Quiet Place [message #88540] Fri, 27 July 2018 22:54 Go to next message
Lennix is currently offline  Lennix
Chancellor
Have any of you seen A Quiet Place? I think they did a masterful job with showing the significance of sound. The way they use sound (or don't use it) while showing the perspective of different characters was amazing. I thought it was a really cool way of showing how people tune into sound differently. Everything was just so deliberate and added to the tension, fear, and dread of the characters.

What movies can you think of that used sound very deliberately and to great effect?
Re: The Sound of A Quiet Place [message #88598 is a reply to message #88540] Sun, 05 August 2018 23:19 Go to previous message
KrisHS is currently offline  KrisHS
Chancellor
I haven't seen that movie yet because I don't handle those kinds of movies all too well. (I'm a wuss.) The way they use sound seems cool though. I can't recall a film where I've seen them use sound to show different perspectives....other than to show that a character can't hear after having an explosive go off near them.

Dunkirk employed sound really well. The sounds of war are louder than anything else in the movie, just as it would have been for those poor souls who were there. It makes the silent parts, the eyes of the storm if you will, that much more suspenseful and terrifying. It was very much a cinematic experience, not a narrative story.
Previous Topic: Favorite Type of Music
Next Topic: The long-term future of movie theaters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 03:37:32 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout