Home » Audio » Source » Any advice on what i should buy...
Any advice on what i should buy... [message #12484] Tue, 23 August 2005 05:14 Go to next message
Sanyo is currently offline  Sanyo
Esquire
Hi i am looking at getting a turntable and i like the looks of the 1970s ones which have the s shape tone arm. What are some of the top of the range models i can have a look at buying

Re: Any advice on what i should buy... [message #12488 is a reply to message #12484] Tue, 23 August 2005 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I like the late-seventies Technics direct drive models. You can pick one up on eBay for very little money, and it will serve you very well. Check it over real well, make sure there is no play or binding in the bearing movements and make sure the cartridge is setup properly. In fact, it might be best to buy a new cartridge for it or at least the stylus.

Re: Any advice on what i should buy... [message #12499 is a reply to message #12488] Wed, 24 August 2005 20:51 Go to previous message
steve f is currently offline  steve f
Master
The Technics 1200 series is still available new. They are a good performer. Do a google search or visit the technics home page. Unless finances are tight, a new one is quite affordable.

Previous Topic: Phono Stage
Next Topic: Meitner PA-6
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 10:02:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout