Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Listening To Classical Music
Listening To Classical Music [message #88459] Wed, 18 July 2018 04:31 Go to next message
Jazzy is currently offline  Jazzy
Viscount
Do you listen to classical music? If so, when do you listen to it and which composer do you like to listen to? I listen to it when I need to relax, which is every night.

Many people don't listen to this type of music anymore. They see it as too old for their generation.
Re: Listening To Classical Music [message #88464 is a reply to message #88459] Wed, 18 July 2018 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lennix is currently offline  Lennix
Chancellor
I listen to classical music pretty regularly. I don't necessarily have a favorite composer that I listen to regularly, I just turn on our local station and listen to whatever they're playing. I usually listen to it in the car or while I'm doing chores around the house. It's very relaxing and, I won't lie, it makes me feel classy.

Classical music does seem less popular but I also think that it's something people listen to in private. There's not really news about it or anything, no gossip for the media to latch onto, so it's not something that people bring up regularly.

I went to a symphony a couple of months ago and was pleased to see a full house with people of all different ages.
Re: Listening To Classical Music [message #88471 is a reply to message #88459] Fri, 20 July 2018 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Junior is currently offline  Junior
Viscount
I'm actually listening to Mozart right now while I'm replying here.

Many musicians, especially those who are playing in an orchestra usually don't have enough compensation for their labor. Many of the orchestra today are funded by governments or by rich people. If the orchestra has no support then many of the musicians play their parts for free.
Re: Listening To Classical Music [message #88499 is a reply to message #88459] Tue, 24 July 2018 11:41 Go to previous message
Jazzy is currently offline  Jazzy
Viscount
I also like Mozart, but I prefer Bach.

I admit that I'm not updated with new classical composers. I listen to the great composers of old as their music is soothing to my ears.

It is sad that orchestra musicians are receiving less compensation these days compared to their work.
Previous Topic: Best guitar rifs in a song?
Next Topic: Superhero movies
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:45:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout