Home » Audio » Home Theater » Hiding The Cables
Hiding The Cables [message #88418] Mon, 09 July 2018 21:27 Go to next message
Junior is currently offline  Junior
Viscount
How do you hide the cables of your equipment of your home theater? It doesn't bother me if the cables are here and there, but it doesn't look nice when I have visitors. The cables also accumulate dust when they are tangled with each other and I hate cleaning them always.
Re: Hiding The Cables [message #88457 is a reply to message #88418] Tue, 17 July 2018 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KrisHS is currently offline  KrisHS
Chancellor
There are a lot of different ways you can hide them. It's hard to tell you something specific because I'm not sure what your setup looks like but Pinterest is always full of good ideas! You can check out some here. I'm using some crown molding cable covers right now and really like them.
Re: Hiding The Cables [message #88490 is a reply to message #88418] Mon, 23 July 2018 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Malfoy is currently offline  Malfoy
Viscount
You can use a spiral cable wire wrap. This is used mostly in computer cables. It comes in different colors so it can help in the aesthetics of your home theater.
Re: Hiding The Cables [message #88508 is a reply to message #88418] Wed, 25 July 2018 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
Thanks to both of you for your suggestions. I will go with Malfoy because the spiral cable wrap is easier to find compared to the ideas given in Pinterest.
Re: Hiding The Cables [message #88543 is a reply to message #88418] Sat, 28 July 2018 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Fair enough, Junior. Malfoy definitely gave a much more simplistic solution. I used to use those but I didn't really care for the aesthetics. I'm one of those people who just doesn't like the look of a bunch of cables.
Re: Hiding The Cables [message #88551 is a reply to message #88418] Sun, 29 July 2018 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
I hope you did not get offended, KrisHS. I looked at the suggestions from the link you provided, but I can't recognize most of them.

I also don't care much about the aesthetics as long as my living room looks neat with cables bound together.
Re: Hiding The Cables [message #88557 is a reply to message #88418] Tue, 31 July 2018 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Oh no, I was being genuine! I totally get it. I think I misunderstood your question. I thought you wanted them out of sight rather than a way to organize them.
Re: Hiding The Cables [message #88620 is a reply to message #88418] Wed, 08 August 2018 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TechFreakofNature is currently offline  TechFreakofNature
Chancellor
I try to as wireless as I can with my equipment but there's always some wires. My apartment's aesthetic is white, white, white so a black cable really ruins it. Some cables I was able to fix with a cable cover but there's a bunch of cables jumbled around my router and phone, still trying to find the best solution there.
Re: Hiding The Cables [message #88630 is a reply to message #88418] Thu, 09 August 2018 02:48 Go to previous message
Malfoy is currently offline  Malfoy
Viscount
I guess we will come to a time when wires are only needed to connect the equipment to electricity. Everything now is becoming wireless. There might even come a time when everything will have its battery.
Previous Topic: Curved Televisions
Next Topic: Furniture influence on sound
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:30:43 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout