Home » Audio » Source » Treating It Like A Niche
Treating It Like A Niche [message #88279] Sat, 30 June 2018 14:42 Go to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
You open an online music store on E-Bay. You offer everything from tubes to Aux cords, from CD's to vinyl.

Would you treat the old school items like niche products, or would you give everything the same "shelf space" as it were?
Re: Treating It Like A Niche [message #88292 is a reply to message #88279] Mon, 02 July 2018 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I wouldn't give vinyl the same shelf space as more current items. It depends, really, on the sales. If vinyl doesn't sell well, it doesn't make sense to make it as visible to the customer as something that flies off the shelves.
Re: Treating It Like A Niche [message #88314 is a reply to message #88292] Tue, 03 July 2018 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Humm.... I wonder any more what actually is a niche market or product. Best Buy just discontinued CDs. But they carry vinyl and some turntables. Rolling Eyes If I believe the stuff written recently there are ever increasing sales of records and gear to play them on. Rega and Pro-ject said that sales of turntables are now greater than any time since about 1990. Several new record factories have come on line as well. Rolling Eyes To be sure, digital down loads are the big guy on the block now. They can be really good and I have no issue with them. Still it is not quite the same. I can't hold a piece of the "cloud" in my hand and I have concerns about who actually owns the cloud stuff and indeed the down loads. Once on a suitable player or local file you are better protected....still questions exist.

As for an online store...you don't actually have to have the stuff on premises. Do what Amazon does and have the actual holder of the stuff ship it. That is the way of things now. At least half of things I buy don't physically come from the address of the seller. Shocked

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Treating It Like A Niche [message #93241 is a reply to message #88279] Thu, 04 March 2021 09:49 Go to previous message
Concorde is currently offline  Concorde
Master
Azuri wrote on Sat, 30 June 2018 14:42
.....would you give everything the same "shelf space" as it were?
No. The biggest sellers would take front and center on my site, the same way that grocery stores typically put the hot sellers, or items from companies that pay for premium shelf space, nearest the main aisle or the end-caps. You don't "hide" the popular items mid-aisle or page 3 of your site.

Previous Topic: Vinylgeddon
Next Topic: Cool collectibles
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:29:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout