Home » xyzzy » Tower » Music Festivals
Music Festivals [message #88130] Wed, 06 June 2018 20:53 Go to next message
Channon is currently offline  Channon
Chancellor
Has anyone here ever been to one of those big music festivals? I'd love to go to one sometime, it seems like they're quite an experience. I'm worried that it might be a little too much for me. What have you been to? What was it like?
Re: Music Festivals [message #88132 is a reply to message #88130] Thu, 07 June 2018 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kinsley is currently offline  Kinsley
Chancellor
I've never been to one personally. I'm like you, I'm not sure if I could handle it. I think I would do better at one of the smaller ones. My friend has been to Ultra down in Miami several times. From how she describes it, it's exactly what you'd expect from a techno music festival in Miami. That's not really my scene. She loves it though.
Re: Music Festivals [message #88306 is a reply to message #88130] Tue, 03 July 2018 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JazzHog is currently offline  JazzHog
Baron
I'm in the UK, and I've been to the Leeds Festival, where I saw Blur and Catatonia - it was really good.

I also saw the Rolling Stones in Hyde Park - I think that was in 2015. It was an excellent gig, and a wonderful atmosphere. I think the only problem was it was a bit too crowded, and we were miles from the stage.

I wouldn't mind going to Glastonbury some time, but the tickets are really expensive and it looks pretty crowded.

I must admit, I think I prefer music at smaller venues rather than the monster festivals.
Re: Music Festivals [message #88411 is a reply to message #88130] Mon, 09 July 2018 11:52 Go to previous message
Floyd is currently offline  Floyd
Chancellor
I am in the UK too, and I quite like zipping over to mainland Europe for some of the music festivals there. Ghent (Belgium) has a music festival in July every year. I'm not going this year, unfortunately, but in the past I've seen the Pogues there, and the brilliant Belgian band Noordkaap, who broke up some years ago.

I also like the Stockholm Water Festival, and have seen Iggy Pop there, as well as Suede, Elvis Costello, and other good bands/artists.
Previous Topic: DJ has passed away
Next Topic: Stand Up at Desks
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:50:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout