Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Rabbit Ears
Rabbit Ears [message #88104] Sun, 03 June 2018 03:25 Go to next message
Humphries is currently offline  Humphries
Chancellor
I gave up cable a while ago and I really don't miss it all that much. There are times I do though, like during a game or some other kind of live event. Thankfully, most of those things are on basic cable channels. I figured I might give the old rabbit ears a go. Does anyone else use them? What brand/model do you use?

I've seen quite a few for really cheap and I'm wondering if they're outdated enough to be that inexpensive yet still effective.
Re: Rabbit Ears [message #88125 is a reply to message #88104] Wed, 06 June 2018 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
utopia is currently offline  utopia
Chancellor
I have some rabbit ears that I got from Walmart a few years back. I think they were somewhere in the $10-20 range. They work just fine.
Re: Rabbit Ears [message #88154 is a reply to message #88104] Sun, 10 June 2018 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Humphries is currently offline  Humphries
Chancellor
I guess there's not a whole lot to them so it makes sense that they would be around that range. I just wasn't sure. I guess the lack of demand probably helps keep prices lower as well. What brand did you get?
Re: Rabbit Ears [message #88158 is a reply to message #88104] Sun, 10 June 2018 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kinsley is currently offline  Kinsley
Chancellor
Man, I've never even thought about using rabbit ears. I've been checking out stuff like the Sling TV for sports but this is a much more affordable option. I didn't even know they still made them. Thanks for the idea!
Re: Rabbit Ears [message #88159 is a reply to message #88158] Sun, 10 June 2018 10:33 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I "cut the cable" many years ago, opting for streaming services and local television instead. I used an indoor antenna when I lived in the city, because that's all I needed. It wasn't "rabbits ears" but effectively the same thing. Now days, it seems like the "plate" format loop antenna is more popular and works just fine for city dwellers. But "rabbit ears" are fine too - they're a good ol' dipole.

Now that I live outside the city, I've chosen an outdoor antenna. It's not a Yagi beam antenna like what was on most homes in the 1970s and before, but those work great too. I use an outdoor dipole, because it's omnidirectional.

Previous Topic: Favorite actors
Next Topic: "Ray" - movie about Ray Charles
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:44:21 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout