Home » Audio » Radio » Installing your own radio
Installing your own radio [message #88094] Wed, 30 May 2018 14:52 Go to next message
Kinsley is currently offline  Kinsley
Chancellor
How difficult is it to remove a factory radio and install a new one? Is it something that you should let a professional do or is it pretty easy to do on your own? What's your favorite car radio manufacturer?
Re: Installing your own radio [message #88095 is a reply to message #88094] Thu, 31 May 2018 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, That usually depends on the vehicle. In new ones with touch screens...no way. Older ones can be rather simple. Most after market radios come with install kits or at least generic ones are available. Nearly a plug and play deal. Often the biggest problem is getting the old one out. A vehicle user/service manual is frequently needed to tell you what to do.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Installing your own radio [message #88108 is a reply to message #88094] Sun, 03 June 2018 06:02 Go to previous message
Kinsley is currently offline  Kinsley
Chancellor
Hey, thanks for replying. Tacomas took the leap to touch screen the year after I got my truck back in 2011. So hopefully it will just be a plug and play situation. I'll have to go read up on how difficult it is to get the factory one uninstalled.
Previous Topic: Podcast Recommendations
Next Topic: Escaping the echo chamber
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:28:43 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout