Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Theremin
Theremin [message #88079] Sat, 26 May 2018 12:38 Go to next message
utopia is currently offline  utopia
Chancellor
Does anyone here play the theremin? I've always been fascinated by them, so when I saw one for sale at a good price on eBay, I had to go for it. Now that I have it, I'm not sure where I should begin. Does anyone know any good resources for learning how to play or any kind of advice?
Re: Theremin [message #88082 is a reply to message #88079] Sun, 27 May 2018 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Channon is currently offline  Channon
Chancellor
I guess it's true what they say - you learn something new every single day. I didn't even know what a theremin was before this post. I know this is the most unhelpful reply ever, but I just wanted to say that it looks awesome and I commend you for trying to learn it! How much do those cost anyway?
Re: Theremin [message #88248 is a reply to message #88082] Mon, 25 June 2018 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I just typed in playing the theremin. Here's a video for a visual on playing this other worldly instrument.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=86&v=cd4jvtAr8JM

I first heard it from the movie, (and for me the best ever sci-fi movie ever made) The Day The Earth Stood Still. Good luck with your mastery of it. Just think of Gort walking down the ramp of the space craft while your playing.
Re: Theremin [message #88350 is a reply to message #88079] Fri, 06 July 2018 02:38 Go to previous message
Yurimi is currently offline  Yurimi
Viscount
I love the violins' sound, but this theremin is a wonderful surprise that may take the top spot of my favorites! It is even harder to play than the violins but produces the same beautiful melody. How can one learn how to play it? Is there a dedicated school for the instrument?
Previous Topic: Piano sounds horrible
Next Topic: Training The Ear For Tuning
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:44:41 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout