Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Superhero movies
Superhero movies [message #88070] Wed, 23 May 2018 15:33 Go to next message
Humphries is currently offline  Humphries
Chancellor
It seems like they're running out of ideas these days because every other movie that comes out is some kind of superhero movie. How long can this possibly last? I like a superhero movie every now and again, but this is just getting ridiculous. Has there ever been a trend like this in any other genre?
Re: Superhero movies [message #88077 is a reply to message #88070] Sat, 26 May 2018 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
utopia is currently offline  utopia
Chancellor
I can't really think of another movie genre trend that has lasted this long with as much fervor. I guess there really isn't another genre that has so much written material to work with, you know?
Re: Superhero movies [message #88106 is a reply to message #88070] Sun, 03 June 2018 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Humphries is currently offline  Humphries
Chancellor
I've never really thought about it that way. I had to do some Wikipedia-ing to get an idea of just how much material they have to work with. Marvel alone has 20 big name superheroes. They also have another 949 "superheroes" listed at the bottom, but they include some really minor characters. Out of the major ones, I think there has been a movie or television show about all of them in the last ten years. Well, the Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer were more like fifteen years ago. Maybe they'll actually end up running out of material soon. I wonder if DC still has anything up their sleeves.
Re: Superhero movies [message #88111 is a reply to message #88070] Sun, 03 June 2018 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kinsley is currently offline  Kinsley
Chancellor
It's not just movies either. There are a million and one shows out there about superheroes. I can't even keep all of them straight anymore. I love that kind of stuff but there's just way too much going on these days. I don't even know where to start.
Re: Superhero movies [message #88187 is a reply to message #88070] Sat, 16 June 2018 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
It's just my take. But, I think this super hero genre is really like junk food. Empty calories and no nutrition. It's just Hollywood's cash cow for the moment. They've got the cgi down to augment most of the predictable action sequences and back drops so that production costs are reasonable. And they just crank em out. I think it's just escapism for the public tired of dealing with a long recession, low wages, health insurance woe's and tug o war politics.
Re: Superhero movies [message #88228 is a reply to message #88070] Fri, 22 June 2018 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jazzy is currently offline  Jazzy
Viscount
It is just a time for superhero movies, and it will pass. In the early 1990's, war films are the kings. In the early 2000's, sci-fi and comedy are the favorite films that people like to watch. If I'm not mistaken, around 2010, the rise of superhero movies has started. As long as there are people who will watch the superhero genre, then Hollywood will produce more of these. On the side note, I can't wait to watch part of the Infinity War.
Re: Superhero movies [message #88513 is a reply to message #88070] Wed, 25 July 2018 12:22 Go to previous message
Malfoy is currently offline  Malfoy
Viscount
I think the reason for superhero movies becoming very popular is because people wanted to look at someone who can save them with all their problems, even just in the movies.

I like superhero movies these days because they portray the good of humanity despite the troubles we are faced with.
Previous Topic: Listening To Classical Music
Next Topic: Is ska well liked in the US?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:15:51 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio