Home » Audio » Speaker » Your first set of speakers?
Your first set of speakers? [message #88020] Mon, 14 May 2018 14:18 Go to next message
audiophil2 is currently offline  audiophil2
Chancellor
What was your first set of speakers and what did you like about it? My first set was the Bose 901 but I can't remember what series. I was blown away by the sound but as I learned more about speakers over the years, I came to realize that if a set of speakers needed a special equalizer to drive it, maybe it wasn't so great.
Re: Your first set of speakers? [message #88120 is a reply to message #88020] Tue, 05 June 2018 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Humphries is currently offline  Humphries
Chancellor
I can't even remember the brand of my first set of speakers. It was a long time ago and they didn't stick around very long. They were old and awful. They were also monstrous. They were given to me by one of my dad's friends and let's just say that it didn't take me long to figure out why he was willing to part with them for free.
Re: Your first set of speakers? [message #88157 is a reply to message #88020] Sun, 10 June 2018 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kinsley is currently offline  Kinsley
Chancellor
My first set of speakers was the JBL LX2600. They're far from the best speakers I've ever owned but they're really not bad at all. I still have them but I rarely use them. I've actually been thinking about selling them.
Re: Your first set of speakers? [message #88186 is a reply to message #88157] Sat, 16 June 2018 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
My first set of speakers were no name bookshelf speakers I bought at a warehouse sale. The most desirable aspect of them was a really nice walnut veneer. Other than that, atrocious sounding. The cabinets later were used with my attempt with speaker building with better drivers and crossovers. It was an improvement. I then had some money to burn for some nice bookshelf Genesis loudspeakers that served me for many years. Eventually I graduated to speaker building when I learned some woodworking skills. I built some nice dynaudio MTM bookshelf's that I augmented with stereo, (before stereo was cool) isobaric subwoofers. Pi speakers entered my life when I immersed into tube amplification. They have proven to be capable of satisfying my personal quest for high fidelity sound that I've not felt an urge to improve upon.
Re: Your first set of speakers? [message #88432 is a reply to message #88020] Fri, 13 July 2018 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JenElizabeth is currently offline  JenElizabeth
Esquire
If we're not counting the cheap speakers I got for my 18th birthday, my first set (that I purchased with my own money) were from Bose (not exactly sure which model... it's a long time ago). I recently upgraded to a B&O Beolab 18, it really is a work of art and goes really well with the interior. It's a bit pricey but since I love art, I figured it was well worth it! And now I have to save another year for another speaker Rolling Eyes
Re: Your first set of speakers? [message #88438 is a reply to message #88432] Sat, 14 July 2018 16:52 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, A pair of Jensen bookshelf ones in 1969. I don't recall the model. They came new with a Marantz 1060 integrated amp which oddly enough is presently playing adjacent to my PC (now with Martin Logan book shelf speakers and matching subs). The Jensens served me well for several years.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: Subwoofer Setup
Next Topic: Headphones with a good bass
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:54:19 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers